Spraying inside the front lights??

cuprachrissy

Good evening peeps, just wanted to know has anyone ever tried taking their front light apart and spraying the bit that is grey on the cupras and chrome on the non cupras? thinking of doig them baby blue to match my wheels. thanks a lot.
i have tried searching but to no avail.
christian

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
My brother too his lights apart on his fiesta to "detango" his indicator.

As far as I remember he just used a hair dryer or heat gun to remove the front glass.

Having said that, this is a Ford were talking about so they were probably assembled with pritt stick anyway.

Was thinking of doing my non-cupra ones grey like a Cupra, but I've only got single beam headlights so it might look a little weird.

cuprachrissy

just tried searching for "quads" in members list but nothing

greg.w

Feb 18, 2009
yeh i went to view that exact car a few days ago.looked smart but i thought it was factory.like he had bought hid's from a company called quad and bought the full headlight lol.now i know haha.

greg.w

Feb 18, 2009
the guys called blyth*****

not stars at the end but something.cant remeber exactly

but he bought it 7 months ago and everything was already done so he wouldnt know

cuprachrissy

cheers guys, greg was his black inside or yellow? im sure if i heat gun it it shud be ok?!

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
im sure that if you summerge them in hot water for abut then they will slowly pull apart i deffonatly know there is a thread though iv read it

cuprachrissy

i need to find this thread, but as soon as i put headlight in tonnes of them come up!

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
I got a spare headlight and tried this but it would not come apart using a heat gun so think the oven route would be needed.

Can be easily done just have to sit and check the seal every 5mins. Just needs alot of patience.

something I plan to do in the future when can get som spare headlights for obvious reasons lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise