lowering the motor

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
lads, im wanting to lower the car but dont really know what i need or the best place to get it from. iv heard the eibach sport ones are good. any help appreciated as always. cheers

jdearden

eibach sportline springs all the way lower ride height but the ride is better over the standard and eibach pro kit...got mine from DPM.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Apparently the Sportline kit drops the front by 50mm and the rear by only 30mm. Does this not look a bit odd as on my car the front is already a good 10mm lower than the rear as standard?

Does anyone have any pics of the sportline kit fitted preferably to a cupra?

Cheers.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Sportline

28022009155.jpg

P1000817noplate.jpg

Pro Kit

P1010730.jpg

P1010737.jpg

P1010738.jpg

:)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Got to say I like the look of the Sportline's on the Leon 1P's...

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ei...tdi-20fsi-cupra-20t-fsi-20tdi-0805-p-172.html

Damian @ DPM

Out of interest, have you had a Cupra fitted with Eibach Sportlines and uprated dampers and if so, which dampers?

I see lots of people on here go with Koni FSD dampers with Pro Kit Springs, but I am interested to know if the Eibach dampers have been tried and tested on a Cupra as I would have thought that Eibach Dampers would go better with Eibach Springs?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Not on a Cupra but we have on other Leon 1P's. When fitting the FSD's you don't seem to get the full drop but with the Eibach dampers you get the full drop and they do seem to match the Sportline's a lot better. To be honest though most customers have just fitted them with the standard dampers.

Damian @ DPM

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi Damian i looking to get a set of sportlines for the 2.0 TDI FR and wondering if there is enough interest on here would you consider a group buy. If so how many would we need to get a decent discount?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would be interested if you can do a deal to include the Eibach Dampers in the Group Buy seeing how I already have the Sportline Springs :)

Edit: For those who have not tried either, to me. the Pro Kit to was quite hard, and the ride height is not that much lower than standard. The Sportline gives a more supple ride, better handling and a much nicer stance without being too low - I do not have any problems with clearance.

Last edited:

jdearden

Sportline springs from Damian@DPM

Note: They've settled down a bit more now after a few heavy loads and look spot on.

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

027.jpg

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
just ordered my sportlines from DPM today!! get in il put some pics up when i get them fitted. ps horace ur motor is the bollocks son !

Al

Aug 29, 2005
just ordered my sportlines from DPM today!! get in il put some pics up when i get them fitted. ps horace ur motor is the bollocks son !

Cheers lad. You will enjoy the springs - the improvement over stock is very noticeable.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members