Mk2 Leon TDi Sport

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Thought it was about time I put a little post up about my pride and joy. It's an 06 registered TDi Sport 140 with a relatively interesting past. Well, when I say interesting, I mean moreso than the average car anyway! It was one of the dealer demo cars for when SEAT joined the BTCC with a diesel, so when I purchased it in June 08, it was still completely covered in touring car graphics - yellow and green all over!!! It was already fitted with the Aero/BTCC kit and BBS 18's, which was what attracted me to the SEAT. However, the graphics were not quite to my taste, so I had them removed to uncover the Lunar Grey paintwork.

Since having it, I've done a few things to it...I'm a natural born fiddler with cars, I just can't leave them standard! Mods to date:

Revo Stage 1 remap - special offer from Revo plus hankering for a bit more oomph. Fantastic modification, makes the car feel like it always should have in my opinion.
OEM armrest - fantastic mod, if you don't have one, order one...NOW!
Hella dark rear lights
19" RS4's - They look OEM to me, fit the arches just nicely.
Powerflow 100mm rear pipes. SEAT, for whatever reason, decided that the standard exhausts should be about 2 inches below, and about an inch in to the bumper, which just looked cack, so Powerflow put 2 new pipes from the silincer and new tailpipes which sit snuggly into the outlets.
Linea R grille - so the grille matches the grilles in the bumpers. Looks ace.
Wind deflectors - brilliant invention, and look cool in my opinion.
Chrome bulbs front and rear

I think that's about it. Future mods? I'd like to sort the stereo out, it's a bit poo. A nice 7 inch touch screen with sat nav and bluetooth built in would be nice. Also, a bit of depth to the sound wouldn't go a miss, it's too tinny as it is, so maybe some subbage too. Also, the brakes could do with being a little sharper for my liking, sometimes they lack "bite" but I've no need to go the whole brembo route, so maybe just some grooved discs or something.

So anyway, enough babbling, here she is:

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Looks good! Wonder who else has exhausts that looks similar ;)
Didn't realise that your 'diffuser' bit is colour coded, mines is black. Oh yea aren't your side skirts back to front?
Alex

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Hi Alex!

Yes, I must admit...mine is a blatant copy of yours, but isn't imatation the highest form of flattery?! Thanks for the info by the way :) I noticed the diffuser colour coding when I was lookign at your new exhausts, not sure why some are and some are not colour coded...another SEAT random factor I should think.

And yes, apparently my skirts are on backwards. Odd, considering they were on it from new (as far as I'm aware)! I actually prefer them like that, which is handy!

If you lived just a tad closer, I'd suggest a little photo shoot of our cars...but 4million miles is a little too much lol

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I've just noticed, the last picture is STILL sideways[:@] I changed it TWICE to be the right way up and even saved a new copy and it's still buggered! I hate computers sometimes :lol:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Hi Alex!

Yes, I must admit...mine is a blatant copy of yours, but isn't imatation the highest form of flattery?! Thanks for the info by the way :) I noticed the diffuser colour coding when I was lookign at your new exhausts, not sure why some are and some are not colour coded...another SEAT random factor I should think.

And yes, apparently my skirts are on backwards. Odd, considering they were on it from new (as far as I'm aware)! I actually prefer them like that, which is handy!

If you lived just a tad closer, I'd suggest a little photo shoot of our cars...but 4million miles is a little too much lol

Ha ha ha its only a 7 hour drive mate. Could do it in a tank and half ;)
The RS4s are the only other set of alloys that I would get for mine, I was toying with the idea adding a bit more the faux diffuser on mine but not sure or I could colour the number plate bit black like the FR/Cupra rear bumpers.
Alex

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I've just noticed, the last picture is STILL sideways[:@] I changed it TWICE to be the right way up and even saved a new copy and it's still buggered! I hate computers sometimes :lol:

You can rotate it on photobucket and save as. I think you may have to change the link though!
Alex

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I did exactly that in photobucket. Perhaps its the Carlsbergs...I'll try again tomorrow!

7 hours? Not too bad haha. The RS4's were almost a chance find on eBay, not too far from me (well, 80 miles) and my 2 front tyres needed replacing anyway. I'm really happy with the fact they look like they should be there, and not "Stuck on". Does that mean I'm getting old?!

Colour code black, that would look mean! Photoshop it first though, see what it looks like.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Hi ya,

Sorry been a bit slow noticing this! I have been oooh'ing and aaah'ing about whether to keep the 19's or not, but I have decided I am keeping them now. But still not sure whether to sell the 18's as when I come to sell her on in the future it might be easier to do so on standard wheels. But...if the right offer comes along who knows!

PM sent anyway...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members