fitting s3 seats in!!!!

Cupraredtdi

hi i have bought s3 recaro interior, fitted the backseats which were a piece of cake! however the fronts are electric and heated, what do i need to do to fit them in???

any help appreciated!!!

jcborden

First, disconnect your battery then if you look around the base of the seats you will see two plastic guards over the seat runners (two per seat), near the back you will see a plastic screw cover which you need to prise off. Then you can remove the screw, after which you should be able to wiggle the guard out.

Now move your seat all the way back on the runners and undo the two 13mm nuts (might be bolts depending on age of current sears), you can then carefully slide back further to get the rear wheels out of the runners. The seat should now be free, but you needto carefully lift front up to get to the airbag connector and disconnect. You can now remove your seat.

With both removed you can fish around near where the airbag loom comes out of the carpet to see if you already have the electric connectors, if not (like me) then you will need to remove the cigarette lighter holder (just held in by one screw) this gives you access to the wiring. Next unclip the gear lever gaitor and undo the six screws on the centre console (hidden under plastic covers), unclip the cover near the handbrake and you should now be able to remove the centre console.

Now you can cut the wires to the cigarette lighter and solder in two new sets (one for each seat, and run them down the carpet under the centre console and out near the airbag looms. If you don't have the connector blocks for the seat connectors then spade connectors fit just fine.

Now you can put the cente console, cigarette lighter holder and seats back then attach wires to electric connectors and reattach airbag connectors and bolt seats in. Job done! Sorry don't know what to do with heated side of things since my leather seats weren't heated.

Hope that helps. Can't type anymore since I did this on my iPhone and my finger now hurts!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.