SEAT Accessories

The Pielander

May 2, 2007
West Midlands
I was looking through the accessories for the Mk5 Ibiza and a couple caught my eye. the first is the twin pipe sports exhaust which I think would look good on the Bocanegra. i'm just wondering if anyone has any idea of fitted price and whether it sounds like a chavvy exhaust?

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/s...site/accessories/sport/SportExhaust/main.html

The other item was in the car I test drove. It is the armrest

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/s...s/site/accessories/interior/Armrest/main.html

I tend to drive with my arm across the passenger seat and think this would be more comfortable. I guess it would get in the way of the handbrake but generally I only use that when I start the car and when I turn it off so it's not such a big deal. Does anyone have one? Is it easy to fit or is at a dealer job?

Cheers :D

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi Pielander dont know if the exhaust would fit the boc but i do have the armrest and must say i find it superb ,feels much better quality than my leon one i had:D Great thing is if you want it to, it can just fold up out they way so thats a nice feature and is lined with soft foam inside to . As for fitting i had it from new with car but sure by the looks it will be no problem[B)]

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
Hi Pielander,

I bought and fitted the arm rest. The only problem i had was cutting a hole in the cup holder for the arm support to go through, but no biggy realy.
You will need a number 1 & 2 phillips screwdriver and T45 (i think!) torx driver. I used a hot knife and a coping saw to make the hole,because thats all i had available! A dremel would be better.

i hope this helps.

Barrie

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'm not too sure if the exhaust would fit ether.

I can't belive the price on the arm rest! £80 odd nicker. Now I know why they're called the Stealers.

The Pielander

May 2, 2007
West Midlands
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go ahead and get the armrest - I assume its the black one I need? I hate the idea of drilling holes in my baby but I'll be brave and give it a go!

The exhaust is confusing as I thought only the Cupra / Boca had the central exit exhaust but the car in the picture has an Ibiza badge and the rear difusser etc. Maybe I'll stick with what I have. In a way I'd prefer to have the two chrome finishers without the noisy exhaust.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
That rear bumper is part of a separate body kit for the other SC cars. Not sure if would fit in the trapezoid exit of the cupra bumper. Also I doubt it has the nice rasp that your current exhaust has.

You may be better going and getting a custom exhaust made up and you can specify how loud/quiet you want it. Your still gonna have the issue with the trapezoid exit though.

Yes you need the black arm rest. I would like one but... £80 is just crazy.

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
hiya fella,
ive got the sport exhaust on my 1.6 sc sport, but i also have the factory bodykit. price was £280 fitted, and it does sound nice, can't compare it to the Boc, as i havent seen/heard one yet.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
hiya fella,
ive got the sport exhaust on my 1.6 sc sport, but i also have the factory bodykit. price was £280 fitted, and it does sound nice, can't compare it to the Boc, as i havent seen/heard one yet.

im hoping you are refering to the exhaust costing 280 not the body kit, i will cry if its the body kit, ive been quoted about 800

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
yeh mate thats for the exhaust, bodykit is £800-880, cant remember exactly

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
cool, i ordered my car with ESP but it was a miss build and i didnt get it, got a full refund and the dealer said he would do me a good deal on the body kit, so i cant wait,

especially after seeing your pics, there is a guy in my estate with the black edition ibiza and the body kit looks good on that but it looks awsomer (not a word but i find it appropriate) in white

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
the Black edition is a 5 door as well isnt it?
i was gonna go for the orange, but it was gonna be a jan/feb wait so it was white, red or luna grey, so i ordered the bodykit too!

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
I have the armrest too, It is a real "need". Real comfort while traveling long distances. No big deal for hand brake, after parking fold the armrest and pull it ;) Ibizas have little spaces for storage, it helps me to keep cockpit tidy.

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
Are you able to buy the storage drawer that sits under one of the front seats?? I know it comes with the storage pack, but i can't see anything on the seat acessory sites i have been on??

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I think the arm resit is good if you have the DSG. If you've got a manual car I can imagine it being a pain!
I think the more practicle one to look into is the under drivers seat draw. But chances are they'll charge a bizzilion squid for that too! :(

Last edited:

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
I think the arm resit is good if you have the DSG. If you've got a manual car I can imagine it being a pain!
I think the more practicle one to look into is the under drivers seat draw. But chances are they'll charge a bizzilion squid for that too! :(

nope, after getting used to it is no more problem with manual. It isn't problem even it is not folded, just can be disturbing under heavy traffic ONLY.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.