DPF & Emission Control Fault lights on

HedgeJumper

Hi,

I wonder if any one can advise, I have never had the DPF problem before, however both the DPF light and the "Fault in the emission control system" lights have come on, on my 2007 Leon FR.

Does anyone know what this might mean? Typical as its just run out of warranty.

Thanks for any advice.

John

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
Bud - strongly suggest you don't drive any more, unless going to a stealer for them to do a regeneration - if you push it, it may become totally blocked & may need replacing ££££...

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
With the DPF even a warranty wouldn't save you. It cost more than £1000 to get the DPF replaced if it blocks, so be very careful of what you do now. Take the car to the stealers as soon as you can.

Hope you get this sorted mate.

FR_Flavoured

No coincidence, I have EXACTLY the same Lights up on the dashboard at the moment.
The Engine emissions light came up a few days ago, then just last night (on a short drive) DPF flight on now too!

My car is due to go into SEAT tomorrow to get BOTH looked at ! Will report back what happens.
Also to note, the car is a 57 plate, so SHOULD still be within Warrantly. But again, will let you know what they diagnose!

Good luck with yours too, will be interesting to hear if we have the same issue!
(buying a Leon TDi FR in the first place probably being one of them). lol. joke.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Me too!

My car is three years and one month old today and my emission control light came on this afternoon.

I headed to work, stopped off half way to put half a tank of diesel in. Almost instantly as I rejoined the motorway, the light came on. I started to worry that I had put unleaded in (I hadn't though!).

The car then started to get really rough. I limped in to work. Rang my garage who said don't drive it in case of any damage (23 mile drive home). So got breakdown this evening to pick me and the car up. The car is now sat at my dealer. They're going to very kindly look at it tomorrow morning.

Something very weird has happend I think. Seems weird it also went as rough as houses after I filled up with fuel.

Will be interested to hear how everyone gets on.

PS: Should have said that I don't have the DPF light.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
No coincidence, I have EXACTLY the same Lights up on the dashboard at the moment.
The Engine emissions light came up a few days ago, then just last night (on a short drive) DPF flight on now too!

My car is due to go into SEAT tomorrow to get BOTH looked at ! Will report back what happens.
Also to note, the car is a 57 plate, so SHOULD still be within Warrantly. But again, will let you know what they diagnose!

Good luck with yours too, will be interesting to hear if we have the same issue!
(buying a Leon TDi FR in the first place probably being one of them). lol. joke.
It will possibley come back cleared and on reduced power circ 155hp - this is the ECU mod that Vag do now. ................................................?@!

FR_Flavoured

Cheers OldOiler, I will just be happy when I get the call today that all is well (hopefully).

To be honest the girl working in SEAT gave me a good grilling when I took the car in.
Asked me 101 questions finally BEFORE stamping the work sheet as "Warranty" !

Good job i had my wits about me, or if she "caught me out" could have told me im paying for any repairs necessary (even though I do take good care of the car, to the book)! Also she did mention they will perform an ECU software update too.

Not so worried though, as I will remap the car once it drops out of warranty (this year) so will soon get all my BHP back, plus more! :)

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Turned out to be a faulty DPF sensor. Got the car fixed today as well. So annoying that it was one month out of warranty as it has cost me over a hundred notes. But then it could be a lot worse.

Thank you W Livingstones for the excellent service to sort the problem out.

FR_Flavoured

Referring to the sheet, mine was a "DPF Pressure Sensor", that was replaced.
The worksheet mentions nothing about having any ECU firmware update though, so perhaps that wasnt necessary.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.