Seat Ibiza MK2 TDI - Wide / Rally bodykit -> Project iDrive finished!

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
Hi everyone!
About a month ago I started on my very own Ibiza project, and thought it was about time to share it with you guys!
As you might have guessed from the title, I’m going to make a wide body Seat Ibiza Mk2, sort of like the WRC KitCar Seat won the world title with, remember?:
Seat_Ibiza_Kit_Car__canonistas.jpg

^^This is not my car, it’s an official rally car..^

THIS is my car now. Read on the thread for the build details!
IbizaGarage.jpg

So far the Ibiza is equipped with a CarPC. The screen is molded in the dash. Unfortunatly, I haven't made any in-car pics..

And made some custom tweeter holders, because the original place had to make way for future updates ;)

So, now it’s time for the most recent part of the Ibiza project; making it wider! – the story so far;)
First things first; Roll the car in a garage, and take it apart:

We test-fitted the panels, and realized we had to cut the rear fenders a little

Because of the dull 10 images limit.. more to come.

edit: made some linkies

Last edited:

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
The following day off, I fine tuned the headlights. We started with a pretty large gap, but managed to make it fit without any huge gaps :)
Hakko%20Seat%20Ibiza%20KitCar%20Project%20(201).JPG

Some time later I received something to fill the front bumper with:
url]

But that for later, now back the widebody;

Because we’d cut the fenders, the outer and inner bodywork had come lose. Time to do some stitching!
304_Ibiza%20Wide%20Body.JPG

Rust control;
307_Rust%20Control.JPG

And on special request; the insides
305_Wide%20Body%20Insides.JPG

So that’s it for now. I will post the progress here, but for more updates and bigger and more pictures please check http://www.xclusion.nl

Last edited:

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
Almost a month past, so there are a few updates!

Early this month the left widepanel got glued on. The fun finally starts, because this alows us the work on the little gaps that remain.

The sideskirt and the bodypanel don't close up perfectly. This leaves a little gap, which really has to go! With this gap fixed, the left side is almost finished.

Almost a month ago, I had to receive the fuelcap.. Off course this didn't happen. Delivery time went from 5 days, to a month; without notice.. really anoying!
With the fuelcap arrived, we could start on the right side! First to fit the fuelcap on the original panel, then to fit the panel. Here's some phone pics of the cap
(Special Thnx! to Fl@pper for the fuelcap)
Hakko%20Seat%20Ibiza%20KitCar%20Project%20(400).jpg

Hakko%20Seat%20Ibiza%20KitCar%20Project%20(401).jpg
Hakko%20Seat%20Ibiza%20KitCar%20Project%20(402).jpg

After this was sorted out, and the cap was fitted, we went to glueing the right panel. More of this later

Last edited:

vngtx

im watching this thread :) i want to build the same and im sure im not the only one ;)

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
Ah thnx! thats great.
They just welded the whole piece shut, instead of using a plastic mudschield. And the fender is really thin, where mine is actually pretty thick, with a inch or so folded in just like the original 6K fenders.. I'll have to cut that up though, else the wheels will never be able to bounce up n down :p

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i noticed you listed it as TD ?? turbo diesel ?

i don't suppose you have it stripped enough to get pics of the pedal box/master cylinder setup on teh bulkhead at all ?

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
It's a TDi indeed :) Haven't got any pics of that area, and haven't really stripped that down too.. But, if its something you need to know, I could take a look in my tiny brain, or at the car for an answer :) just let me know

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
It's a TDi indeed :) Haven't got any pics of that area, and haven't really stripped that down too.. But, if its something you need to know, I could take a look in my tiny brain, or at the car for an answer :) just let me know

no panic but if you are in there doing an update at any point grab us a couple of pics of the pedal/bulkhead area mainly for the clutch pedal and cylinder as Naz is looking at doing a hydraulic clutch conversion so would be nice to see what the setup and bulkhead is like on yours even if it is lhd

glad to see ya got the fuel cap sorted though - looks bang on :):)

Last edited:

hakkow

KitCar Wanabee Racer
Jun 5, 2009
Netherlands
www.xclusion.nl
One thing, how are you planning to extend the front and rear track widths?

The front (I don' know how to call this in English..) struts? (The things your wheels hang on :p) will be replaced with a Golf VR6's. And the rear will be widen't by spacers. (Don't worry, porsches have 9CM spacers 'out of the box' ;) should be strong enough)

no panic but if you are in there doing an update at any point grab us a couple of pics of the pedal/bulkhead area mainly for the clutch pedal and cylinder as Naz is looking at doing a hydraulic clutch conversion so would be nice to see what the setup and bulkhead is like on yours even if it is lhd

glad to see ya got the fuel cap sorted though - looks bang on

Alright, I'll snap some pics when i'm with the car again :)
I'm also really glad the fuelcap is sorted, damn delivery time got me worrying:confused:

Here's a peak of the cap on it's place;

Thanks for al the positive reaction everyone! :coolthumb:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.