ScrewedSkull's 1.4 Ibiza Sport *OLLINGE skip to pg10 28.7.11*

So I bought my pride and joy about a year ago, my first Seat, and my first car that was all mine!!
I quickly found SCN after looking for some ICE advice, and you guys have been brilliant. I've since been lurking somwhat and thought it was finally time to post up something.
She got a wash and wax yesterday so here you goes.

frontiwf.jpg

rearcg.jpg

I was a bit slow off the mark with mods and things (I'm a student, and money is a bit tight!) but I finally got started properly.

She was put on a new set of Koni springs about a month ago, I wanted her ever so slightly lower, as Ibiza's always seem to ride a little high, I'm fairly happy with the results, I think she hunkered down nicely now. Although I can see myself already wanting her lower, and I think my next big expenditure is going to be some coilies - a mate had a set fitted to his A3 and it's an "iScrape" jobby.

ICE-wise:
Treated myself to some very very nice new speakers and tweeters in the front, which sorta blew my budget, but there was a bit left for these badboys:
7thjune015.jpg

yeah, I've only got half a boot, but bang for buck they aren't half bad. :p
I have to admit I was a bit nervous about doing it myself, so the guys at bassjunkies in Birmingham have to be given all the credit, I'de seriously recommend them.

Next thing to do will be light tints, got myself some flyeyes on order, and of course a SCN sticker in my rear window.
Plans are also in the pipeline for the pretty standard lrc front splitter, and the possibility of a new exhaust. My mate with the A3 is desperately trying to get me to fork out for an induction kit. AND I’m having the internal battle of paint my alloys/leave ‘em OR get some cupra wheels.

Last edited:
STICKER TIME (Whoop)
dsc0128m.jpg

dsc0133hm.jpg

Back from a rather messy few days holiday on the south coast :D - and of course now she needs a wash, I know :p
Flyeyes arrived whilst I was away and I've just spent half an hour doing my tailights...I'm not completely convinced, they look great from a distance, but up close it's all a bit ish, I'm gonna leave them for a few days and see how I get on :S
Any thoughts?

half done:
dsc0126sz.jpg

fully done:
dsc0129y.jpg

close up:
dsc0127d.jpg

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
This is going to sound pretty batshit insane.
But do you live anywhere near Wallington, I'm pretty sure I walked past this car on the drive when I was taking my neice to the park on one of my few visits to London.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Helluva ****ing walk.
Maybe not, Someone has a very similar Ibiza to you then, I was walking towards some park, it did take me nearly an hour so... Well probably not, I'm too much of a fatass to walk that far!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
LOL. Walking that distance to a park seems a little excessive. You would have had to go over the M25.

Tbh It's fairly standard atm. Lowering isn't massive. So I guess it looks like most other Sports at the moment :(

I can't help myself, I always check other Ibiza's too see if they've got anything non Standard. This one had a splitter and Lowering springs.
All I remember from Visiting my brother in Wallington is that they love speedbumps and their not normal speedbumps their small hills.

I think I'll stick with stock suspension out of fear!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
You need one of these.
Image304.jpg

A 60 year old man with a drill and it will end up like

2009-05-29%2019.45.09.jpg

2009-05-10%2015.50.15.jpg

I miss the ole dirty diesel! The tints and splitter really set it off, It just needed beating with the lowering stick to be honest.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Beautiful car, very shiny. Like the rear lights, they look quite unique and match the car better

I'd be tempted to darken the alloys but other than that its perfect :D

Wadey

How much were the Koni springs with fitting? I'd love to lower mine just a little, but living in speed hump central I don't want to be crawling over the bumps and leaving yellow paint on the asphalt.

I got the springs from Awesome for about £100 - and then fitting cost me £150 cash at a little indy garage in Coventry. So I imagine that price would vary.
It's dropped by about 35mm front and back, and speed humps are not an issue with scraping - however I do have to go slower over them, purely because the ride is now rather stiff. lol.

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
Nice car, ive got fly eyes too on the front.. makes a difference i know what you mean about it up close i think it looks good either way :) :p you just need a splitter and your sorted :)

RIGHT, I think that solves my indecison about the whole thing.
Ordering some for the front.
In the meantime, I've taken my chrome front grille off, and it's going BLACK :D
dsc0004tx.jpg

I was tempted by doing it red, but there are loads of red ones out there. I want to be a bit different. I might accent things in electric blue...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members