Maverick's Emocion Red MK4 TDI - DIY Wheel Refurb **NOW FINISHED** Page 10+

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Hey guys, been on here for a while and decided to put up a new RR.

Bought the car during the summer of 2010 with just over 27K on the clock and it's been great ever since.

She's a 2006 reg Emocion Red 3Door TDI sport.

I initially didn't want to do much to the car, and refrained from any mods for about a week! lol - most that I have done though are quite subtle and OEM as you will all agree, the MK4 is a great car as standard.

I'll not put up a list of what I want to do because I'm sure you all know that list changes quite a bit.. lol

Here's a few pics from when I was picking it up from the dealer:

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Things I have done:

Exterior:
- Team Hekko Wind Deflectors
- LCR Splitter
- Front Lip Vinyl
- Colour Coded Side strips
- Cupra Spoiler
- FR Badges
- Prefacelift FR upper Grills
- B-Pillars in Gloss Black Vinyl
- Gloss Black Cupra Mirror Covers

Interior:
- SEAT shoulder Pads
- Mini-me model
- Headrest springs
- Cupra Air Vent clips
- Cupra handbrake cover
- Parrot mki9200 In car system
- Aluminium SEAT SPORT gear knob
- Cupra style red stitch gear gaiter.

As any RR goes, all comments welcome.. and any ideas you myt have too..

Cheers for looking. :)

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
First mod I did was when I was just skimming through the net and found this, thought it was pretty cool and got it for my car. Some may not like it, and think it's naff.. but I like it. lol

A mini me of the car on the rear window shelf:

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Another small mod here, but these give the seats an extra 'sporty' edge to them I think.. plus they were quite cheap (from a well known auction site) about £5.00 for 4 of them.

Headrest springs:

IMG_0587.jpg

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Next thing was quite an expensive mod (for me anyway) and I decided that I'd really want something for the car that would look OEM. I wanted a bluetooth kit for my iphone, but I also wanted something that would be able to play my music from my ipod too at te same time - but didnt want a load of ugly cables hanging down from the radio.

I decided on getting a single system to do both of these, as well as charge my phone if needed.

The Parrot MKi 9200 - really cant fault this at all, and would reccommend it to anyone who's looking for a similar system in their car. Not that cheap, but from what you get out of it, it's worth it.

parrot-mki9200.jpg

MKi9200-DETAIL4.jpg

And here it is in my car, as you can see, the screen's wallpaper and background colour can be changed, which definately gives it more of an OEM look when lit up:

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

The Ipod/USB/AUX connections under the steering wheel in the small pocket there, which hides them away (and the cables) but are easily accessible too.

IMG_0740.jpg

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Looks very nice and tidy. I nearly got a red one. What's your to do list then?

Cheers dude.

I honestly would have never thought of getting a red car...
I was initally after a black or silver MK1 leon at the time, but when I saw this, I just had to get it. I think the red really suits the car too.

White is cool to btw, your car looks really well mate.

As far as a to-do list goes, it's ever changing! lol I never have a set list of things I want to get done in any particular order, just if I think or see something that i'd like, and if I have the spare cash to do it I will.. haha

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
After seeing it done to a few cars on here, and thinking that it really makes the front look a lot better, I decided to invest in a roll of matt black vinyl.

The front lip and the recess behind the number plate was the area I wanted to target, and with help from my dad we got it sorted in not too long.

Before:

IMG_0466.jpg

During:

IMG_0638.jpg

After:

IMG_0640.jpg

It came out really well I think, and it def transforms the front of the car.

As far as how difficult it was, we did spend most of the time measuring and cutting the vinyl so it would be easier to stick down once we came to it, and I would definately advise others that want to do this mod along those lines.. makes the process a lot easier.

bunisjamin

One Life...Drive Like It
Jan 19, 2011
North Hertfordshire
I'm thinking of doing this to the front of my car too, did you get from flebay?

i didn't think of doing the lip, looks really good i'll be doing that.

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
I'm thinking of doing this to the front of my car too, did you get from flebay?

i didn't think of doing the lip, looks really good i'll be doing that.

Yea dude, got it on eBay, a roll of matt black vinyl 1m x 600mm I think i got, which was more than enough to do both. £5.00 to your door if i can remember right, which isn't too bad at all.

One of the best mods I have done, really transforms the front of the car.

bunisjamin

One Life...Drive Like It
Jan 19, 2011
North Hertfordshire
did you have enough left to do anything else, or was that just enough?

thinking of doing the rear too, but excuse my stupidity, i've only had the car for 2 weeks, :)

should i go 1M or 2M?

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Looking Good Maverick, Anymore Plans?

Mind If I Get A Copy Of That Link To The Vinyl Of Flee Bay?

Did it a while ago, but cant remember who I got it from.. just search for matt black vinyl and there should be plenty come up.

I have a few other things done to it.. just need to upload the pics etc.. I'll do more later on this evenin chaps.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
did you have enough left to do anything else, or was that just enough?

thinking of doing the rear too, but excuse my stupidity, i've only had the car for 2 weeks, :)

should i go 1M or 2M?

if you're doing the rear - as in behind the number plate like stezo did to his - you'll probably need more than what I got.

To be honest, we messed up the first time round, and had enough to re-do it, but that was all I had really. It's enough to do the front first time, and maybe a few other bits but I dunno about the rear. - maybe get one to start with and see how u get on? then if u need more...

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Ok Cool, Ordered Some Of That Matt Black For Mine And Ill Give It A Shot When It Arrives :)

And Whats The Gloss Black For? Give Us A Clue? :D

Cool, get some pics up when u have it done!

you'll have to wait till later wen I get the pics up...lol but it's easy to guess.. and I'm sure others on here will know already.. :p