Uh oh me floors soaked

FR150TDI

water leak

the leak may be coming through the pollen filter box, hat this resealed aswell on my leon.
hope this helps you.if not u can buy my leon from me,im selling it after 4 wks, constant engine management lamp flashing over heating/low coolant lamp on and beeping. had enough of it
[:@][:@]

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It's maybe just needing looked at by the right person, even if the head gasket needs done it's not that bad, just takes a bit of time is all and some instructions to follow.:)

FR150TDI

looking at a astra 150 sri . i like the leon but cost to much . £800 in 4 wks. not what i exspected

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You must be puting it into a garage and still getting ripped off, I can't see how it's managed to cost you that much and still have problems, maybe you should post in the leon section or in the tdi section with a complete list of all the problems you're having, you might get some good suggestions that way and could maybe still come out on top.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I've narowed the leak down to way up the back of the dash so after looking at a guide for the Mk3 Ibiza by cus it looks like an easy task to remove the dash so that's what I'm going to do as soon as I get a dry day and some time. I've already been through all the usual suspects of the windscreen, drainage in the bit below the windscreen etc so nothing left for it and it looks like the carpets have been hiding a sort of long narrow crack/hole so I'll be welding that back up too, I think it was caused by the leak and judging by how wet the floor was I think it's been leaking for a while. At least my car's quicker now though with all that extra weight out of it:D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Right I've got my dash out and found some rust in need of attention so it looks like I'll be doing some welding tommorrow and it looks like I'll have to take out some bolts and pull the wing back to investigate the outside.:)

Morebollox003.jpg

But maybe I should leave the dash out and just put up some nice shelves instead:D

Morebollox005.jpg

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Oops I moved those other pics, not to worry I have some lovely fresh ones. Here's the flippin rusty hole.

Dash004.jpg

So I patched it up but I aint no pro welder but it works.

Dash001.jpg

I gave it a coating of fibre glass to make sure it was sealed too.

Dash002.jpg

Then went for a drive to the shops etc lol

Dash003.jpg

Well that should be the leak sorted so I'll get the dash back in tommorrow but I'll wait til after it's rained before I put the carpets back in just to make sure, yeh the gear knob is kak but I'm waiting til I put the carpets and centre bits then I'll put the proper knob back in so give's a break.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Well that's the dash back in and everything's working great, the airbag light was on but I cleared the code with the maxscan vag405 so it's fine now, I've just been powerwashing the carpet so I can fit that in next week.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It wasn't to bad, the worst part is all that wiring, getting it back in place, it's just physical effort. The best part though is that there are 4 bolts along the top of the dash and 3 of them were loose so now I've put it all back in and it's all tight I no longer have an annoying rattle at idle.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Right I've redone the wiring for the sub as it was pretty easy without the carpets in there, I've got the soundproofing back in and I'm working towards getting the carpet back in but the trims can wait, I might as well wash them while they're out.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Here's one of the things that didn't go to plan when I was trying to remove the steering wheel:D

Bollox058.jpg

But I got it back together then made sure it stayed that way,

Morebollox001.jpg

Man that ribbon cable's like 12ft long.:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.