Fannons Ibiza 1.6 16V Sport MK5

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Hi All,

Around March this year I got made redundant from my previous employment (IT Engineer with Comet) after 4 years working there and got a shock from having a full time job to nothing! I also had company cars before so it was also a shock getting a car taken off me, but at the same time I was looking forward to picking a newish car and something that I wanted.

It took a little while but I finally have another full time job! And thought I would treat myself with a new car, so i bought this! It's a 2009 MK5 Seat Ibiza 1.6 16V Sport with 13500 miles on the clock. Usual equipment is the 17" alloys, climate control inside also and cruise control and a must in my book the AUX jack (no USB though). Anyway here are some pictures:

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15.jpg

Future plans are:

Upgrade Sidelights & Headlight bulbs
Rear Exhaust Oval Trim
Fitted Car Mats
Alloys Resprayed Gun-Metal Grey Or Similar
Tint Rear Windows
Get My Private Plate On It - In Progress!

Hope you like it and I look forward to being part of the forum! I'll be adding pictures as my little mods get done!

Fannon

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Can get one from sure motors on here £95 then needs painting and fitting but people have fitted them themselves.
That's what Im gonna do, might give seat a ribs tomorrow for a price of supply, paint and fitting

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Just some little updates people!

I got some little modifications going on, nothing too dramatic at the moment until I start my new job in August, that's when the modding money comes in :D

Got some new sidelights, headlights and indicator bulbs. Makes a nice difference visually and especially when driving at night which ill mostly be doing! Also got a chrome exhaust tip which matches the car nicely and a richbrook tax disc holder instead of the arnold clark one, and also the private plate should be on within the next 2 weeks I've sent away the forms :D

Some pictures below:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Before:
IMG_0027.jpg

After:
P1000896.jpg

P1000897.jpg

P1000898.jpg

P1000899.jpg

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Looking good that mate, the new mods give it a fresh clean look

Thanks VRS. If it wasn't for your guides I would have been scratching my head for a while changing bulbs and things!

Thinking of getting the 3 rear windows tinted slightly not too dark and a black vinyl roof wrap. How long can i expect the roof wrap to last? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Where did you get the tailpipe trim? is it a bolt on jobbie?

cheers

Picked it up from eBay mate, thing it was around £15 and yeah it has 2 clamps that secure onto the exit pipe from the exhaust.

It gives no noise, its just for the nice finish it makes a difference from just a black pipe stucking out the back!

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Some updates recently. Got myself some official Seat Ibiza car mats as all I had was crappy arnold clark ones! And also got some brand new official Seat pedals from eBay for £30! Was very happy with these, and I have also pained the front calipers matt black!

Pictures below....

P1000902.jpg

P1000904.jpg

P1000905.jpg

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I don't suppose you could take a pic ot the exhaust from directly behind and also from underneath could you?
I've been looking at mine and it looks like a trim wouldn't fit on as the tip is pointed downwards, if i cut it off so it's straight then the trim wouldn't fit as the bumper is lower (bodykit sports bumper) :(

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Subtle mods always make a good addition to most cars, looks good.

Are the pics on post 6 taken in east kilbride by any chance? Looks very like one of the streets i had surveyed on.

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Subtle mods always make a good addition to most cars, looks good.

Are the pics on post 6 taken in east kilbride by any chance? Looks very like one of the streets i had surveyed on.

I know i'm not doing anything to mad to it, just little changes here and there! Boring mods compared to what others are doing on here haha :D

Close but it's not EK! I'm from just outside Airdrie so not too far away! Where abouts are you from yourself?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I know i'm not doing anything to mad to it, just little changes here and there! Boring mods compared to what others are doing on here haha :D

Close but it's not EK! I'm from just outside Airdrie so not too far away! Where abouts are you from yourself?

Yeah all i've done is subtle stuff, hopefully not for much longer!

Ah, looks exactly like one of the streets i was working on. I'm from irvine

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.