Wezzo11's Ibiza 1.2s Mk4 2002 Silver (More Mods To Come!)

wezzo11

Hi all!

I've decided to go VAG and bought myself an Ibiza 6L.

I bought the car for what seemed a bargain at £1120 as it had covered only 48500 miles. Sadly there is a problem with the engine, which needs sorting ASAP, we think its the piston rings or seals. Well the good news is I got £300 back from the seller to get the car fixed so basically I got the car for £800!

Here's how she looked on the ad from fleebay
IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

Anywhoo I have made a few subtle mods so far, here's some photos;

Mirror Covers
IMG_2102.jpg

Badge-less Grille & Colour coded bumper strips
IMG_2136.jpg

De-wipered, Stubby Aeriel & De-badged
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

Pedo bear...lol
IMG_2054.jpg

I have some big plans for the car for example:

-Vinyl Wrap Bonnet (due to scratch)
-Coilees
-Rims
-Facelift Bumpers
-Seats
-Wheel Spacers
-Struts
-Tints

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
I've seen it before on here, looks awesome, exactly how I want mine!

Can coilpacks cause smoking and oil burning?

sorry didnt read that it was smoking. probz not a coil. i will speak to my bro, he time served working with seats, should have a fair idea

wezzo11

sorry didnt read that it was smoking. probz not a coil. i will speak to my bro, he time served working with seats, should have a fair idea

Cheers mate! I think it's either piston rings or valve stem seals possibly

wezzo11

Took advantage of the good weather and got some better photos today.

IMG_2163.png

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Also a little update, I got Cupra gear and handbrake gaiter's from eBay. Unsure about the handbrake cover though..

IMG_2160.jpg

Enjoy!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
the reason you are unsure on the handbrake cover , is because both of them arent cupra parts. there cheap ebay replicas by looks of it, seen them before and they look horrific. The handbrake covers replaces the old black plastic one and looks alot tidier. thats just a sleeve from what i can tell. and thats just a black gaitor with red stitching, not unlike the OEM parts but they lack alot of the quality and tidy finish.

correct me if im wrong, tbh the dealers gaitor is about £30 but the handbrake cover is like £10 or so, just oder the official one and you will be alot happier with it :thumpup:

dont take this is a dig, just constructive feedback. correct me if im wrong also.

"buy cheap, buy twice!"

wezzo11

the reason you are unsure on the handbrake cover , is because both of them arent cupra parts. there cheap ebay replicas by looks of it, seen them before and they look horrific. The handbrake covers replaces the old black plastic one and looks alot tidier. thats just a sleeve from what i can tell. and thats just a black gaitor with red stitching, not unlike the OEM parts but they lack alot of the quality and tidy finish.

correct me if im wrong, tbh the dealers gaitor is about £30 but the handbrake cover is like £10 or so, just oder the official one and you will be alot happier with it :thumpup:

dont take this is a dig, just constructive feedback. correct me if im wrong also.

"buy cheap, buy twice!"

No your right on everything lol! I think I will have to buy twice. Is the handbrake cover not meant to cover the original Plastic one? The cheapo leather one didn't feel right on it's own and more importantly it didn't fix in place anywhere? Hence why I covered the plastic original one in it.
Cheers

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
New cupra handbrake cover can be bought from seremotors for around £12 iirc. Looks and feels much better than the plastic one that is standard. Personally, the standard black gaitor for the gears looks fine to me.

Car looks tidy, first major mod going to be alloys?

wezzo11

Looking good! Are you from Birmingham judging by the number plate prefix?

Cheers man! I bought the car from Brum lol, I'm from Preston.

New cupra handbrake cover can be bought from seremotors for around £12 iirc. Looks and feels much better than the plastic one that is standard. Personally, the standard black gaitor for the gears looks fine to me.

Car looks tidy, first major mod going to be alloys?

I'll have a look at that, cheers. Yeh I agree I wish I kept the original gear gaiter now, only because the one I bought is a cheapo lol. As soon as I get money it's alloys and coilees, oh and the engine requires a load of money throwing at it! :(

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
hopefully not expensive as you expect, just keep away for main seat dealers, they charge a fortune per hour £70+ per hour

wezzo11

hopefully not expensive as you expect, just keep away for main seat dealers, they charge a fortune per hour £70+ per hour

Well just to take the cylinder head off I was quoted £350 and then they still have to find the problem and fix that! I reckon around £500-£600 :(

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
No your right on everything lol! I think I will have to buy twice. Is the handbrake cover not meant to cover the original Plastic one? The cheapo leather one didn't feel right on it's own and more importantly it didn't fix in place anywhere? Hence why I covered the plastic original one in it.
Cheers

no the cupra one replaces the full thing, the full black part thats on now comes off, and the new one slot into its place, nice touch, better than a sleeve cover

wezzo11

no the cupra one replaces the full thing, the full black part thats on now comes off, and the new one slot into its place, nice touch, better than a sleeve cover

I think I'l have to order one soon then, I want the chrome button though!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.