a recall for my car

leon_lee

Aug 21, 2011
northampton
I spoke to the stealers this morning to get a price for a new N75 valve for my (X ref) 2001 LC. They called me back with a price and then told me that there was a recall for my car (a new one, not an old recall), something to do with Coilpacks. Apparently mine might be fitted with some defective parts and they want to check them and replace all 4 if needed. Apparently they've bought in a load of stock in case they need to replace a lot of them. I was quite shocked that they would do a recall for a car so old. I told them that i've had to replace some already and they keep popping off the plugs even though the plugs are properly torque'd. Booked in for next tuesday so hopefully i'll get a new set of coil packs. Wondered if anyone else had heard of this recall?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Yeah, Audi and VW had it recently but this is the first time I've heard of a Seat garage saying this - might ring mine tomorrow, need a new splitter anyway. Cheers for the heads-up :)

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
just heard from Seat. I asked about my coilpacks, but said mine are from Eurocarparts and all i got back was "criteria is they must be genuine parts" so must mean that the recall is correct!

petey085

Pete
May 19, 2011
Just rang my local Seat Dealer, gave registration and he reports that there is no recall for my car. Be interested to see how others get on :rolleyes:

Mario

I heard about this a while ago.
Its still not very clear on what is going on?
Would be good to find out more.
If im passing by the stealers I'll pop in and ask.

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
it is true, my bro works for seat as a grease monkey...he checked the system as i have a x reg 20vt and there is a new re-call dated 2 September about coil packs. They have a list of the oe numbers that dont need replacing and if yours are not on the list then bingo!!

Must be OE ones and not the after market shite from ecp etc etc but all 4 of mine are up for re-call so happy days :)

can grab the list of numbers tomorrow if need be guys.....

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Ok just rang them again as got no call back,surprise, and he said to me he would be surprised if it was covered by them at all as my car is a w plate!
Surely if they have a dodgy batch if coilpacks it's not our fault!
Miller I you can get those numbers would be really good!
Ak

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Ok just rang them again as got no call back,surprise, and he said to me he would be surprised if it was covered by them at all as my car is a w plate!
Surely if they have a dodgy batch if coilpacks it's not our fault!
Miller I you can get those numbers would be really good!
Ak

for the 1.8 I TMPI (1.8 20vt/cupra and maybe cupra r) if your car has anyone of these part numbers then your car is not due for a re-call

06A 905 115 D

06B 905 115 R

06C 905 115 L

06C 905 115 M

hope this is of some help to ya guys

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
This recall has been going on with skoda since April. I started a thread about it, and there has been hundreds or cars going in for replacment, mine included.

If it's like the Skoda recall, they will change any coilpack that doesn't end in R or D. Doesn't apply to bolt down coils though, unfortunately. EDIT: Just read millers's post. Seems L and M versions are not being replaced either. Revision L coils were the replacements provided for version A, C, G, F and H in a recall in 2003.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/193376-audi-coilpack-recall-turned-into-official-skoda-recall/

Last edited:

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
It would have to be SEAT. Skoda will only perform the work on Skodas, so imagine SEAT would be the same.

It's not strictly speaking a recall either, it's called a workshop action.

t32er

thats a bugger, i just bought a set of the red and black ones as i kept blowing the oe ones lol, i bought 8 just to be safe lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members