For those changing to LCR front suspension

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Got some comparison pics for those who currently run a normal cupra setup but are wanting to change to the LCR/S3 style setup.
To do the conversion you will need:
1. LCR/S3 wishbones (larger cast ones requiring different size bushes to cupra)
2. LCR/S3 or uprated in these style front anti roll bar
3. Droplinks to suit
4. Struts with brackets to attach to droplinks instead of to wishbone like cupra (many aftermarket coilovers have these even if for the cupra)
5.Hubs - There are two different types dependant on the age of the car
Older cars have hubs that have nuts like below
2012-03-10163728.jpg

The newer style have an allen bolt fitting like this
2012-03-10163738.jpg

Make sure that the type of hubs you have match the the style of the LCR/S3 hubs or you will need to change the driveshafts to suit these.
Since i had the chance i thought i'd get a few pics for reference for those who intend doing it

Last edited:

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
You'll also want to get the entire hub carrier, the LCR/S3 ones are longer and hence the wishbone angle stays more "correct" once the car is lowered, keeping it away from the bump steer the LC setup develops once lowered.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Not really sure as my LCR came with it all standard
With so many LCR's/S3's being broken you should be able to get the part cheapish now

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
You should also either get LCR trackrods and rod ends, or swap your existing ones from side to side.

Non-LCR track rod ends have the nut underneath the hub carrier, LCR has the nut on top - the non-LCR setup exacerbates bump steer when you lower the car.

If you do swap your existing ones, make sure you set them up with the nut now on the top :)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Depends what you'd class as a decent handling gain - when you lower an LC the angle the wishbones and steering arms point at is ridiculous (which perversely raises the roll centre and makes handling worse), the LCR setup keeps things a lot more in control.

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
Sorry to bring up an old thread but with regard to the hubs and driveshaft, how do I know the difference on the hubs if I don't have the shafts

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
Right I think ive got the later style hubs for my conversion, is it possible to change the flange to the early type so I can still use my original shafts as they are fairly new?
tia Paul

Rich79

Dec 30, 2014
When I had this conversion done on my octavia vrs the garage just pressed my existing hub flange in the new hub along with new wheel bearings

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise