Servicing schedule

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
There's no servicing schedule in the service book supplied with my Leon. Would be handy to know when spark plugs, air filter, fluids, etc, need changing. No doubt a ploy by SEAT to lock me into servicing the car with only them, but does anyone have a copy of this? Otherwise will contact the dealer.

Thanks.

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
Just in case anyone in future might find the information useful, I've found out the following from the dealer. For the 1.8 TSI engine, dsg gearbox:

- Pollen filter change every 2 years or 40,000 miles whichever is soonest.
- Air Filter change every 6 years or 60,000 miles whichever is soonest.
- Spark Plugs change every 6 years or 60,000 miles whichever is soonest.
- There is no requirement to change the gearbox oil as it is the 7 speed dsg version.
- The brake fluid service is due 1st one at 3 years then every 2 years following.
- There is no cambelt on the vehicle.
- There is no recommendation on the coolant changes.

Obviously other engines might be different, but it's a start.

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
Do you know what the 184 tdi service schedule is. Mostly just the cambelt and dsg schedule.

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
Our 1 year old Ibiza had its pollen filter replaced at its first service!! would have thought 2 years, personally I find it hard to believe air filter 6yrs/60K miles

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
ma9 - no sorry, I only know the timings for the 1.8 TSI. It was enough of a struggle to get that information from the dealer! If I go back for more I'm not sure I'll get a particularly positive reply...

Kai - I assumed from their response that it meant the engine was chain driven.

sooty - the service schedule in my previous Audi A3 showed the air filter to be replaced at 60k miles, which it was. No obvious problems arose as a result. But yes, I find the timings of a lot of these components seem very far apart these days. I used to change the spark plugs on my trusty old Montego every 20,000 miles without fail!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.