Album artwork

184bhp

Nov 14, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to get the album artwork onto the seat leon media system via sd card but am struggling. I know the image has to be in JPEG format and less than 500 x 500 pixels but I don't know how you embed the images into the music files. Do I have to do it in iTunes or can I change the embedded images once the music files are saved on the sd card?

Taff

Jun 10, 2002
South Wales
I found that any embedded image more than 200x200 results in no album art.

Personally I use mp3tag on a pc and extract the existing embedded image, then downsize the image to 200x200, before replacing the image in mp3tag. You can do this on the sdcard assuming you pc reads the sd via some card reader.

HTH

Taff

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
All my music is embedded 500x500 images and about 95% of the album art works (about 700 files), I have no idea why the other 5% doesn't, it's completely random, some files from the same album don't work when others do. I use tag and rename (http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm) to tag my music.

szczeslaw

Sep 24, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to get the album artwork onto the seat leon media system via sd card but am struggling. I know the image has to be in JPEG format and less than 500 x 500 pixels but I don't know how you embed the images into the music files. Do I have to do it in iTunes or can I change the embedded images once the music files are saved on the sd card?

Which media system do you have? Standard Media System Color does not support media art. Only Media System Plus and Sat Nav can display it.
The same goes for radio stations logos.

ITMonkey

Jul 13, 2004
Before I got my Leon I saw a couple of threads saying album art works best if 500x500 or less and less than 100k. I found that some worked and some didn't. After resizing to 400x400 I haven't noticed any that don't display.

I used mp3tag to get the art into the mp3 files, then used "Sanse MP3 art sizer" afterwards to reduce them from 500x500 to 400x400.

I've also heard that you can use a folder.jpg file rather than embed the art - haven't had chance to try this yet.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members