more pics of my projector lamps... (56kb warning!)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
as the title says, here are some more pics of my projector headlamps...

(heres my original thread with different pics... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73937)

these are the zenon/blue H1 bulbs i put in the dipped beam/projectors...
53400007.jpg

here are the bulb boxes 0f the bulbs in the head lamps (50% more light ones are in full beam)... (the bulbs in the boxes are my old ones; u can see one of them has blown! :doh: )
DSC00051.jpg

53400046.jpg

53400060.jpg

53400061.jpg

53400070.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

in this pic u can see the blue/purple "flicker/edge" the projectors produce...

53400095.jpg

most pics were taken with w800i mob :D

hope u like!

james :)

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
Looks really good mate, quite amazed how good the pics are from a phone too!!!

Danny

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
thanks guys! :D

yea its a phat mob! ;) not all the pics were taken with my mob! u can see which ones are not the best quality, but still, for a 2meg camera in a mob its cool! :)

edit: pics 1 - 4 and 6 were taken by my 5meg pix camera, rest with my w800i mob (2meg pix cam)

Last edited:
i really like 'em, shame there's not an option for more "other" cars

those bulbs, are they the ones on offer from Lidl's a while back? I went to get some, but they'd sold out!!!!

what bulbs are they in your indicators?? look like Osram Diadems??

Stu

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
thanks H! :D

yes bulbs are from Lidls! lol (i thought it was worth a try for the price!!!)

and yes osram diadems in the indicators! :)

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
Looks pretty cool especially on black car at night. [B)]
How much were you all in? Did you buy the lights and fit them yourself or was it a conversion job?

Cheers

Bird

In A Flap
Jun 10, 2004
Cornwall
How does the light compare to OE??

Can you actually see where you're going now?

I'm looking to change my headlights to something that will help me see things before they scare the :censored: out of me!

Are these the way to go?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
swerver said:
Looks pretty cool especially on black car at night. [B)]
How much were you all in? Did you buy the lights and fit them yourself or was it a conversion job?

Cheers

they retail at £245 from Ultra :wtf: but i got discount and paid £210 (i got mine through carnoisseur)

the chrome versions are £35 cheaper but if u look on ebay u can get the RHD chrome version for around £160! but the hallow rings are crap!

seams Ultra have a hudge mark up on these lights as they are all made in the same factory but the only difference is the ultra ones have much better hallow rings. u can get the black ones in LHD spec from a guy in germany (have a search!) for about £160 delivered! this shows u the mark up! :censored:

but at least mine are RHD and legal, and the hallow rings are much better too! :)

yes i fitted them myself, you have to take the front bumper off unfortunately and its a right arse to refit 100% correct! :( (and u need two ppl to refit it!)

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Bird said:
How does the light compare to OE??

Can you actually see where you're going now?

I'm looking to change my headlights to something that will help me see things before they scare the :censored: out of me!

Are these the way to go?

how do these compare? are they the way to go?...

WELL... unfortunately they are not as good as the OE lights! :(

to be perfectly honest, i would say they are about 90% as good as the OE headlamps, BUT they are good enough (otherwise i wouldnt have them!) and they are E-marked, and hence legal (so they would have had to have past certain tests!)

i decided the pros outweigh the cons and hence i still have them on my car!

i think they look the dogs and make the car look more unique, plus how many other leons, never mind LCRs have them?!

well thats my point of view!

i must admit... i am thinking of doing a 6000k HID conversion on them as i saw a thread on here for some that retail at £150 and one guy off here has bought 3, thats how much he rates them!

so with the HID conversion im sure they would be much better! (better than OE!)

but the only reason y i havnt done this yet is because i have a 102mm cold air feed to my modiffied airbox and the passenger light is a struggle to fit with this air feed behind it as it is, never mind with an HID conversion (the ballist (sp!) etc)

i dont know, il think about it! if i had more time on my hands id prob go for it!

hope this helps!

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Si said:
Are there any projector type headlights without the Halo's in them? Also need the dipped beams to be H7's.

if u didnt like the hallo rings u can always simply take the bulbs out of them and there is one side light bulb in the normal position (which i have disconnected as it looks odd with the hallo rings light up!)

as for the projectors... they are H1 not H7

i assume u already have a H7 HID conversion and wanted to swop them over? :confused: if so couldnt u just change ur HID H7 bulbs for H1 ones? or isnt it as simple as that? :shrug: (different power etc?! :confused: )

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
Thanks James, nice to no there is a normal sidelight hole.

The bulbs can be swaped yes but then thats another £60 on bulbs when there is nothing wrong with my H7's.

I'll just have to keep looking :(

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Si said:
Thanks James, nice to no there is a normal sidelight hole.

The bulbs can be swaped yes but then thats another £60 on bulbs when there is nothing wrong with my H7's.

I'll just have to keep looking :(

yea it is nice to have the otion of turning the hallo rings off and just having a normal sidelight... u can see the side light bulb in this pic (on the right just below the full beam bulb!)...

DSC00041.jpg

like most normal ppl i h8 chav things... but i honestly like the halo rings on my car! (each to their own!) and the pics dont do it justice at all i think! :)

but at least if i get bored of them i can unplug them!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise