£12.50 courtesy car charge

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I've just booked my car in for its 2-year service. I booked a courtesy car for the day only to be informed that they are now charging £12.50 for the privilege.

This is new to me. Anybody else's stealer the same?

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Wonder what they'll give you as well? A mii?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, that's what I got last time. An awful Mii by Mango in beige or some such colour. Handled like a pig and had as much power as a carrier bag in the wind. Dreadful stuff.

Last edited:

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Oh joy, just setup my service plan but there was no mention of inclusion of courtesy car in the plan. Going to need one as they're 30 miles from where I work, not like Vauxhall who were on same street albeit a 15-20 minute walk.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
When I had my Golf the dealer tried to charge me extra for the courtesy car, said it was to do with the insurance but when I showed that my policy covered me to drive cars loaned to me by the trade the charge was waived.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
When I had my Golf the dealer tried to charge me extra for the courtesy car, said it was to do with the insurance but when I showed that my policy covered me to drive cars loaned to me by the trade the charge was waived.

Like your style. Hard to manoeuvre from that, checkmate!

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere

Nice one mate, I'm not in the position to do that :cry: oh well never mind only a tenner and some change!

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
There was a notice about a daily insurance charge on the service desk when I took my car in and had a courtesy car for a week. Nothing was mentioned and I wasn't charged for it. Maybe because it was in for warranty work??

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
haven't needed warranty work, just routine servicing, and paid £12.50 for a Mii both times (Letchworth Autoway).
will try and pre-handle this next time by asking for something different to mine - X-Perience or Cupra ST maaybe:)

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Perry's in Aylesbury has charged for a while as well. Definitely wouldn't pay if the car was in for warranty work though.

My dealer has been charging that for years if you want a courtesy car while yours is being serviced. No charge when I had warranty work done

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
haven't needed warranty work, just routine servicing, and paid £12.50 for a Mii both times (Letchworth Autoway).
will try and pre-handle this next time by asking for something different to mine - X-Perience or Cupra ST maaybe:)

Haha, well I think it's a Mii for me as usual. Be good if I could get like-for-like but I doubt it. I'd be interested in getting one of those new Seat crossovers as a courtesy car.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010

Im glad i've never had a Mii :) Letchworth Usualy give me wither Ibiza Toca or Ibiza 1.2 TSI/1.6 TDI, Once got an Ibiza ST and found that a great car which is why got my partner one

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
When I had my previous Leon serviced towards the end of last year I got a free courtesy car, but it was a Skoda Rapid diesel.

Last edited:

frjamie

Feb 3, 2015
I took my Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT in for a service and was given a very very new Ibiza 1.2, charged £12.50. There was about 1/3rd of a tank of petrol so I took it for a drive to see how it compared to mine, probably got my moneys worth :)

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
My local dealer has never charged me for a loan car. My car has been in twice for warranty work and once for a 10k service and never had to pay for a loan car. Listers Seat in Coventry

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.