£1000 Cashback

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
Any new owners received their cashback yet?

Curious as to whether the dealer hands over a cheque at the time of delivery, or whether one has to wait for Seat to send it through.

I took up the offer of the finance plan with the £1000 cashback and 3 years free servicing, I've already got a high street loan and am intending to pay off the finance in the first month, trouble is I need the £1000 to settle the finance.

All the best

Pub

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It won't be until after you've taken delivery, I'd guess not for a month after the finance agreement takes effect

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Any new owners received their cashback yet?

Curious as to whether the dealer hands over a cheque at the time of delivery, or whether one has to wait for Seat to send it through.

I took up the offer of the finance plan with the £1000 cashback and 3 years free servicing, I've already got a high street loan and am intending to pay off the finance in the first month, trouble is I need the £1000 to settle the finance.

All the best

Pub

I thought the £1000 was towards the finance i.e. part of the deposit? Can't say I read it very carefully though, the agreement was a jumble of figures!

phsroberts

Yeah, you never see the £1000, it's paper money. You just pay 1k less if you take the finance.

phsroberts

£1000 is a new figure to me as I've got £1240 finance contribution from the outset?

That's the dealer adding their finance 'kickback' into the deal, cause I'm guessing you bought through DtD?

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
It's not cashback, it's a contribution to the finance. You just end up with a loan that's £1000 less than it would have been.

Ah, thanks for that.

12 week delivery I was quoted by the dealer, ordered on the 15th March meaning I won't see the car till the middle of June. Rather hoping he was quoting worst case delivery and it'll be here before then.

All the best

Pub