£350 cambelt and full service

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
basicallly took my pd130 leon to my mate and said i wanted cambelt and a full service and he said it will be around £350 to get it done is this a fair price or is he trying to f*ck me??

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
ahhhh so he is a mate lol :) well he said the full cambelt kit was around £150 and he said full service £100 and then £100 labour for it all is that right??

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
i was quoted £250 for the clutch kit then 4.5 hrs labour @ £97 per hour so i'd rip your mates arm off for that kid........

jrscuprar

Yeah an independent garage just quoted me £368 for cambelt, water pump and tensioner damper all in. Sounds about right I reckon.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
£350 for an indie is a fair price, when a mates doing it you have to bear inmind that his only cost is his time.

i used to do belt swaps in my spare time and charge £150 quid on the tdi pd engines:

£50 for the parts (genuine parts bought through work at trade price, back then anyway)
2 hours of my time
The tools i already had

an easy saturday afternoons work for £100 - and try to find a garage that'll do it that cheap (or a decent VAG technician for that matter).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise