£500-£600 to spend - talk to me

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Company profitshare means i got a bit spare to treat the cupra. It already has :

AmD remap, Milltek cat back, Jetex filter, Forge 007p, Forge TIP, recent service and recent new rear shocks and discs. With that, im thinking springs and 18" RS6 wheels or Downpipe and sports cat/stage 2 or FMIC. What would you guys do? Links to good deals appreciated too :)

Pyro

Wont get all that for that budget :(

Looks like youll have to exstened you budget ;) lol

Or as Jamjay said fit it yourself and you'll get it all ;) there's a few guides fir fitting the toyo FMIC on here and I'm sure you'll find enough info on fitting exhaust if you need it ;)

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Decat is a big no no, cant be bothered replacing it every MOT time. Dont have to have a FMIC for stage 2, so could go Milltek downpipe, sports cat and stage 2 in that budget...

JamJay

California Bound
:yes: Pyro is right, no point in going for Stage 2 unless you get an FMIC. You're going to be pushing your engine harder so inevitably it's going to get hotter and the main concern on a turbocharged car is keeping it cool. Keep it cool and it will perform not only better but the power will last without losing it to heat soak.

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
Fair point Jamjay. Does the decat/downpipe combo make a huge difference to the noise? We got a res cat back so it wasnt too noisy. Could always call AmD and beg for a discount, spent 2.2k there in the last month alone.....

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
ME and FMIC's dont tend to get along. I had an A3 1.8T (150bhp) tuned to 206bhp, added an FMIC, car never ran right after. only ever made 160bhp on rollers after that despite numerous leak tests proving negative. Saying that ots of people are getting good results from those ebay ones so worth considering. Half the price of forge ones too.

Pyro

its not a bad kit tbh the toyo one that is but my next one will be costom me thinks ;)

JamJay

California Bound
Fair point Jamjay. Does the decat/downpipe combo make a huge difference to the noise? We got a res cat back so it wasnt too noisy. Could always call AmD and beg for a discount, spent 2.2k there in the last month alone.....

It won't be too loud especially if you have the resonated cat-back so don't worry. If you'd rather have a sports-cat though then hold out for one or buy a 3" downpipe & sports-cat now. You can then save up £300 for a decent FMIC at another point and go for stage 2. Alternately go for stiffer suspension & ARBs or ARBs, engine mounts and polybushes to get the traction down better.

Believe it or not £600 is a fair amount to spend on mods for this car so you can potentially get some major parts sorted now :).

Consider an LCR brake uprade perhaps or 312mm upgrade? It's totally up to you which way you go.

Stuart_cupra

Aug 28, 2010
Bromley, Kent
If i did downpipe and decat/sports cat id have to go stage 2 anyway to sort the EML out that it would throw up. Could save for another couple of months and get the whole lot done at once, but im so impatient haha.

Pyro

you can go atge two now and get FMIC later but tbh your better of saving gettin it all on and having the map set up for the car with all the mods ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.