£75 for a MAF???!!! MAF Fitting

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i paid £88 3 years ago

admittedly this was a vw dealership.. but the young pretty blond parts girl was very nice and i got a nice coffee too.

worth the extra lol

Last edited:

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
ok fair enough! How do you know when it has gone too far to be cleaned and fixed? I had a 2 mile drive this morning and the engine cut out 3 times... Too far gone?!!

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
its definately the maf. Drove the other day with the thing plugged in, stopped and pulled it out and it stopped doing it.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
ok fair enough! How do you know when it has gone too far to be cleaned and fixed? I had a 2 mile drive this morning and the engine cut out 3 times... Too far gone?!!

its definately the maf. Drove the other day with the thing plugged in, stopped and pulled it out and it stopped doing it.

I think you've just answered your own question. :D

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
yeh true! bloody thing, there goes the mods planned this month! need to get breaks done too! ahhh!

Bananaman

The girl had "blond parts", eh traumapat?!

My god - you must have the gift of the gab to have found that out so quickly...!

:D

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
MAF changed- i need to disconnect the battery for an hour?

just changed my MAF and need to know whether or not i need to disconnect the battery for an hour? thanks

sorry i know this has been covered a million times...

Last edited by a moderator:

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
there wasnt a fault code showing. should there have been? I havent cleaned it I have changed it completely

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.