¦¦ Proffitt's Black Cupra Turbo ¦¦ - *MOT passed / Tints...on or off?? pg4*

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
Right after a little bit of reading on the forum and looking at pic i though i would have a go Bypassing the N249.

Well, what can i say....for all the threads on here about it...its a piece of cake. lol

Though i would mess it up but no, its nice and simple...followed a thread on here and walla. All done.

Soo some pics:

Before:

SDC10621.jpg

After:

SDC10626.jpg

Also when i opened the bonned i could hear this hissing sound, was like this since i got it but i couldnt hear it while i was looking around the car before buying!! ohwell.

Any way, i automaticlly though...Split Pipe [:@]

Had a look around from where the noise was coming from and:

SDC10623.jpg

BINGO!!

Now after:

SDC10624.jpg

Sounds a lot better AND its running at around 18psi of boost :clap:

Although it only boosts to about 14/15psi sometimes in different gears! Is this normal for the psi to change?

AND now on idle the boost gauge is now showing a different reading, is this normal??

After i fixed it:

SDC10625.jpg

With the split, it was on about 10 / 9.

Also, would like to ask...is my DV on the right way? :redface:

SDC10622.jpg

Im not 100% sure as im a n0000b :whistle:

Any advice would be awesome thanks.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
If its a 007P then it makes more of a squeak, rather than being quiet...(depending on CAI). Not sure if you can fit ALL types in both orientations...

Those PSI levels lookmucho better mate, is what I'd expect from a stage 1 map.

Which N249 thread did you read?? ;)

Mike

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
If its a 007P then it makes more of a squeak, rather than being quiet...(depending on CAI). Not sure if you can fit ALL types in both orientations...

Those PSI levels lookmucho better mate, is what I'd expect from a stage 1 map.

Which N249 thread did you read?? ;)

Mike

I dont have a clue what DV i actually have. Will have to take it off one day and look for markings.

I read this thread - N249 ByPass Guide Although i did read / look at about a million threads on here :D

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
A trick I used to do if I developed a fault, or hit limp mode, was to reset the battery. You won't lose the map, but it will reset the cars 'learnt' settings. Will be worth a go if its been driving at 5psi and poor vac for a while.

Could be a Bailey DV30, that was the most common after a 007P. The reason I say this is I had both a polished 007P and a black 007p, neither had 'ridges' around the top as per your pic. Also, bearing in mind it was a couple of years ago, I don' think my DV sat like yours does... let me find a pic.. :)

I only asked about the N249 thread as I started one years ago, and every so often it pops up! lol

Mike

EDIT: Pics

s7000122jz4.jpg

s7000125tm3.jpg

Last edited:

Proffitt

Aug 23, 2010
Conwy
Ahh right, well i most probs looked at yours. So thanks :) lol

O, is it worth changing mine around then?

What will happen?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I'm not saying that, but worth looking at other peoples when you're next at a meet.

At the end of the day if you are driving around fine, and no error codes are apparent, then the car is happy, and so should you be lol

Mike

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.