“what does Cupra R stand for”.......

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys, I’ve recently bought a Cupra R 225 and to everyone i tell they say wow that’s a nice car however when telling my parents that ask “what does Cupra R stand for”.......well i actually don’t know, i can hazard a guess that R means racing i.e Seat leon Cupra and the Seat Leon Cupra Racing but i don’t know what cupra means, i did a search and found the FR stands for Formula Racing but nothing for Cupra. Any Ideas???

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
I thought this question might have been asked before with this site being "Cupra net" lol for all we know it could be a rude work lol

Baka

The only reference I can find to Cupra is an Obscure Etruscan Goddess. There are 2 towns in Italy where she was popular with Cupra in their names. Cupra Maritima and Cupra Montana.

htttttp://thaliatook.com/OGOD/cupra.html

I don't think Seat named our favourite cars after the Etruscan goddess of fertility though. :blink::D

I think Leon ('lay-on') is a region of spain?

And R's are just cool.

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
ha ha a friend has one and it just doesnt like corners at all, on the motoway its quick but on B roads it understeers like B***ch lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
It is 'cup racing', although does that mean the Cupra R is 'cup racing racing'?

That is what I believe to be the case, as I understood it was the reason they introduced the FR as the new Cupra and the Cupra as the new Cupra R. But having recently realeased the Mk2 Leon Cupra R means either that logic isn't right or Seat are just bonkers!

Cupra as I understand is "Cup Racing" and the Cupra R version was a "Cup Racing" Racing, hence why I believe they (for a period at least) ditched Cupra R and gave birth to the FR.

Cupra = Cup Racing

FR = Formula Racing

Last edited:

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
Ahhh ok it kinda makes sense either way LCR is somthing to do with racing and its the top of the range lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.