007p V 008

Burnz

Founder, Savage Motorz
Oct 26, 2011
Kent
www.savagemotorz.com
Forgelogo.jpg

Hello, shane here.. My question basically is what one to go for? I've narrowed it down to these two after searching this forum ect.. and it would make sense to go for the 008 as its the newer version on the 007p, but I've not found one person with it.
Everyone has or goes for the 007p. Now I've found the 007p for £78.88 and the 008 for only £88.65 (message me for website, not allowed to advertise)

INFO AND PICTURES OF THE TWO:

FMCL007P
FMCL007P.jpg

Description:
Made from billet aluminium, this recirculating diverter valve dumps the charge-air back into the air intake system keeping external noise to a minimum.
This increases both quicker throttle response and higher clamping load to maintain boost pressure more reliably. This is the most common selling valve for 1.8T 20v engine. Directly replace the unreliable OEM item with the Forge item for trouble free performance.

FMDV008
FMDV008_big.gif

Description:
This turbo recirculation valve is the result of of 25 years of experience and engineering expertise.
•Greater flow rate than OEM Bosch Valve.
•Faster response time due to revised design
•Fully serviceable.
•Can be rebuilt to suit the boost pressures associated with different applications.
•Available in Black for a “stealth” installation or in gunmetal finish.
•Unique compact design gives greater clearance for installing under engine covers.
•Greater longevity with extended service interval
•Limited lifetime warranty.

I know this may seem silly asking 'coz without asking i would just go for the 008? all advice would be highly appreciated

(i have a 2005 ibiza FR 1.8 Turbo (standard as I've only had her a month)

Thanks.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
For the extra £10 I'd just go for the 008 if it's the revised design, it must have some improvements over the 007P. Most people will have the 007P as it's been around donkeys-years.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I got a 008 last week and fitted it the other day, I did a fair amount of research into them both before I got it. Basically the 008 is a newer improved model, I dont think theres much in it though Forge have basically tried to fix all the things that have been known to go wrong with the 007, i.e. sticking etc. It also looks a bit nicer if thats what floats your boat :D. So if like me your buying to replace the OEM one I would get the 008 as its only a tenner more or something but if you have a 007 I wouldnt bother upgrading it. I would be intregued to know where your getting them for that price, I didnt get much change out of £120 for mine!

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
ive just ordered 008 from awsome, got it for good price, will update when i fit it in comparison to split r.
i bought it as getting stage 2 custom map next week and TBH i think the Split r is Sh**te lol cant seem to get Split r to set perfect either to slack or Chatter ie too tight cant get happy medium with it! and with 1.5 bar of boost i want it to be spot on and no turbo stall!!