'02 Leon Cupra R 210 Flash Red - April '14 update...

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
After struggling to decide between a Cupra and a 330ci I was driving home on Saturday and this was on a roundabout 50m from my house. Went to view it and after a test drive decided it was the right choice!

Fantastic to drive, so much smoother and powerful than my VTS but not as much fun around the twisties! Managed to get a few pics before it got dark tonight but haven't really had chance to give it a proper run due to work.

100_0592.jpg

100_0597.jpg

100_0595.jpg

100_0594.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0598.jpg

100_0601.jpg

Managed to get it pretty cheap in the end after a bit of discussion with the female owner's Father. Some bad points such as the front wheels need a refurb but my plans were to get them done in Anthracite anyway. Also, the front splitter needs to be put back properly as she caught it on a curb the night after I viewed it. Currently completely standard so a fresh canvas for me to work with.

Future plans:

Lower
Refurb wheels and powdercoat Anthracite
Refurb Brembos
New front splitter
Smoked side repeaters
Carbon wrap SEAT 'S' badges front and back
HID's
Undecided on Induction & Exhaust so far

Hope to get some more decent pics on the weekend providing the weather is fine to get some work done.

Last edited:

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Ah yeah it was the father I had it off. He was down here staying in a caravan park near me. Seems to be well looked after anyway, just the front wheels are a bit scuffed and the splitter has dropped one side :)

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
They always drove it tidy and kept it clean.he did day he'd had a problem with the second lambda sensor tho.but if there are no lights up on the dash he must have sorted it.

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
They always drove it tidy and kept it clean.he did day he'd had a problem with the second lambda sensor tho.but if there are no lights up on the dash he must have sorted it.

No lights on the dash at all and seems to be running fine. Got a knock underneath which wasn't there on the test drive but I think that is a bracket or something on the exhaust.

Looks tidy mate, good choice over the bimmer.

I know what you mean about it not being as much fun as the 106/saxo platform, miss my rallye like mad. But they aint bad to look at and can shift for a heavy car

They are great fun but the constant rattles and bumps got annoying in the end! The VTS lowered with Toyo Proxies was amazing through the bends :p

it will be flash red mate emo dint start till 04 looks clean and tidy.

Changed, thanks :D

RW20VT

May 12, 2011
Wigan, Manchester
If by VTS your talking about a saxo, I know exactly what you mean, ive just gone from VTR (dropped 45mm on yoko s-drives) to Ibiza FR on coilies and it is pretty shocking tbh, gonna have to invest in the handling. To be honest though the inside of the car is a much nicer place to be than the sax, it was draining on motorway drives wit a 421, decat and supersprint 2" pipe and backbox, in the beezer, its just turbo whistle and diverter dump haha

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
I agree I went from a 106 gti to the lcr and there's no contest in handling.gotta love little French cars.

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Couple more pics I took a few nights ago. Can't decide on the colour for the wheels when I get them refurbed. Do I stay standard Silver or go a sort of Anthracite?

100_0606.jpg

100_0605.jpg

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Bit of a tiny update for now. Fitted a new rear wiper from the Fabia as the standard ones are complete crap!

Also got the front Aero Flat blades to go on over the weekend. A short stubby aerial from a Type R will also be going on as I hate long aerials!

Before:

100_0594.jpg

100_0600.jpg

After:

100_0625.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.