'02 Leon Cupra R 210 Flash Red - April '14 update...

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
At last an update - Finally got round to having the wheels refurbed today. Some quick pics outside the workshop where they were done:

Before:
100_0601.jpg

After
100_0733.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0735.jpg

100_0736.jpg

Not the best pics but we were in a rush to get home :p

The colour is quite dark from some angles but lighter from others. It has a fantastic shine in the light when the sun came out for 2 minutes.

Need to get the Brembos done next as they look awful and hopefully in the next couple of weeks the spoiler, mirrors and badges will all be carbon wrapped when the guy doing it has some free time :)

Last edited:

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Gave the car a full wash today while it was fine and gave it a layer of Dodo Orange Crush. Also used some Megs Endurance Gel on the tyres so the wheels look much better now

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash3.jpg

Decided to de=badge the rear:

debadge1.jpg

Do I keep the 'Cupra R' bit or get rid of it all?

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Bit of an update after not touching the car for a while. Had a new cat-back system done in ProSpeed just before Xmas. Poor quality photo but I'll grab a video soon. I wasn't impressed at first but after sticking it out for a few weeks it sounds great, nice and deep and with the odd burbling sound.

DSCF1029.jpg

Also fitted a Jetex cone after waiting for 7 weeks for it to arrive! Engine bay needs a massive going over when the weather improves.

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

Also treated myself to a present today:

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF1023.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

These are being fitted tomorrow morning.

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Have you got the link for the spacers you ordered mate?

Just read that you are waiting for your Jetex from PartBox. Mine took around 7-8 weeks to arrive as well :D

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Its not your car I've seen parked near the Rugby Club is it mate?

If you walk past my house you will have seen the problem I'm going to have once the coilovers are on. The council have done the road and there is a big dip before it rises up. It catches now and again and it is hardly lowered at the moment :(

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
Yeah that mine I yellow one private plate. Not had it long this is my third Leon Cupra r though ! Saw yours parked there and thought so it I want another one !. My splitter hits the floor to get off my driveway. Coil overs will look mint !

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Pretty sure I saw yours again on my way home today mate. Coilovers are fitted just giving them a week or two to settle to see if any adjustments are needed. I have to go back to ProSpeed on Tuesday as well. There has been a vibration going through the whole car for a couple of months so I asked them to check it out while the car was on the ramps today. Turns out the exhaust is touching the rear spring and they didn't want to touch it as it has not long been fitted. Rang Charlie and he said to pop down Tuesday afternoon and he will sort it.

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
Yeah It's mine. Enjoy the coil overs. Can I ask what garage do you use in the area as it easier for me to use a local garage to where I work as I an leave it all day ? Also what labour costs on fitting the coil overs ?

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Good choice on picking pro-sPeed for the exhaust. Charlie knows his stuff & a top guy to :)

Keep up the good work on the car, will look a lot better lowered on the wheels!

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Yeah It's mine. Enjoy the coil overs. Can I ask what garage do you use in the area as it easier for me to use a local garage to where I work as I an leave it all day ? Also what labour costs on fitting the coil overs ?

I use Thomas Car Sales in Cwmbach, just opposite the Police Station. My Father bought his Toledo from them a few months ago and we've used them ever since. They are really great people and charge £30 an hour labour. They even cleaned the car for me (free of charge) when they were done fitting the coilovers :) I can PM you the owners number if you want? He is in contact with a lot of people that do various things, such as spraying, alloy refurb, etc and will get things done at a lower price for you.

Good choice on picking pro-sPeed for the exhaust. Charlie knows his stuff & a top guy to :)

Keep up the good work on the car, will look a lot better lowered on the wheels!

I had the exhaust fitted before Xmas with them. Its been rubbing on the rear spring so I've got to take it back on Tuesday for Charlie to sort it.

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
That would be awesome mate. I need to get my TIp fitted ASAP. Don't really want to try it myself. Plus I'll be looking for springs soon. Suits me in cwmbach , pm the number if possible thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.