08 Ecomotive - Acrylic Headlights...

TaDa

Jun 25, 2010
Barnstaple or thereabouts
I'm reliably informed by my daughter (who now 'owns' my all time most favourite small car) that the headlights are too fogged up.

I believe replacements are £110 each but my pockets are not deep enough for that (or I am just plain mean - I fear the latter!)

Is it worth the effort of rubbing them down and polishing them up?

If not what are the headlamps' part numbers for this car and can anyone recommend a reasonably priced source?

Thanks
Phil

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
A polishing kit from ebay will do it, just watch out for the paint around the headlight.
I did my older "other" car with 2 pack lacquer paint which is the longer lasting way.. £12 for a can of paint, bit of wet and dry from 400-600-800, bit of masking tape and paper but real face mask as 2 pack paint is nasty. I was going to do the Ibiza with the same can of paint until I remembered you need to pull the front bumper off which is a pain.

TaDa

Jun 25, 2010
Barnstaple or thereabouts
A polishing kit from ebay will do it, just watch out for the paint around the headlight.
...until I remembered you need to pull the front bumper off which is a pain.

I did it with toothpaste and a wad of kitchen towel attached to my cordless drill

I cannot say it is perfect - but its good enough for now - at least it is minty smelling!

As to the bumper - yeah! I struggled to get my hands in to change a bulb and ended up taking the whole bumper off - ridiculous!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.