1.4 tdi cam

MrQ

Feb 5, 2016
Greetings,

I have 2010 1.4 tdi BMS code engine (it is second engine, first blew the piston on motorway). Seller said iz had 120k km, but I suspect it had over 150k, to be honest. I am drivig it for 2 years, no problem. Had slight cranking problems this winter, it cranks 1 or 1,5 sec when it is cold. Also, having some vibrations at 2500 rpm, and on idlle. Not much, as it is 3 pot engine, so vibrations are in his soul. It does have rougher sound lately.
I drove it for about 50k km in last 2 years. Consumption is normal, around 4,1-5,5 l, oil consumption is about 1 - 2 l per 10k km.With OBD 2 managed to measure 90 hp.

My question is; I checked the cam, and it is not in the best shape. Is it for change?

thumbnail (2).jpg
3.jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi, my wife had that engine in a lease car. Over winter 2014 it got harder to start, cranking for 10 secs+ and vibrated until warm. The VW dealer changed the fuel filter, pump, egr valve after i had suggested that it might be the injectors? When they changed the injectors it was back to normal again. It's not easy to tell from the images the amount of wear, sorry.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise