1.4 tdi intercooler inlet temp sensor, lost the wiring, help!

Gernster

Ok, so im putting a new engine in my arosa tdi. Just wiring it all back in, but it looks like im missing the plug for the intercooler inlet temp sensor. Its on the long plastic pipe on the left of the engine, next to the fuel lines and where they connect to fuel rails on the front of the engine. Ive looked everywhere and cant find another multiplug, so im wondering if it might not actually be connected? Can someone who has an arosa, or lupo 1.4 tdi take a look and see if they have a plug on this connector, and if so could you trace the wiring and let me know where it comes from?

Gernster

got a pic now if it helps?

2012-12-28150151.jpg

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Its called a MAP sensor which does contain the inlet temp sensor but its primary function is to deliver pressure readings to the ecu, with it unplugged you can almost certainly expect no boost or a reduced level.

the wiring for it should run up to or around the o/s/f strut top as the loom is normally clipped to the underside of that pipe.

Gernster

Thanks mate, a guy on ed38 sorted me out a couple of days ago. I had plugged the wiring onto connector further down the same inlet in error. Not connected there was no boost at all. Moved the connector and she is sorted!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members