1.4 TSi ACT 150 - on order!

scoobiesnacks

Why doesn't this car have the multi link rear suspension like the Golf has and the higher powered FR models?

snafudigital

Well done on your order! I placed my order for the 1.4 TSi ACT also, with the titanium pack. I'm looking forward to getting it just like you :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenN

Feb 28, 2014
We went for the 1.4 TSI 140 FR when the 14 plate came out. Feel abit cheated now they have brought out the 150bhp ACT variant, but the 140 is a stonking engine. We came from a Leon Mk2 2.0 TDI Sport and wouldn't look back. We too were on the cusp of petrol vs diesel, and are getting similar MPG now. The fact that petrol is cheaper at the pumps and the overall cost is lower means i can't see me going back to ye olde oil burner anytime soon :)

I wonder if the new engine performs any better than the last in real world performance, as i cant help but think the extra 10hp has been brought in to make equal performance match the better economy figures.

Enjoy the new car!

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
I test drove a 1.4 ACT last week and got 49.4mpg over 30 miles, lasted about an hour. That is really impressive for a petrol engine with 150bhp. We've decided will will order one rather than a diesel, its a far more refined experience and while not quite matching the fuel economy it is so close and cheaper to buy than the TDI. It will be mostly for my girlfriend to use who does 20k miles a year, so economy does matter to us. I'm used to more powerful cars but even I was impressed with the punch of the 1.4 engine.

NBSmith78

Sep 20, 2004
Cambridge
I picked up my ST 1.4 ACT on Tuesday. Having come from a Mk5 Golf GTI it's obviously is a tad slower than the Golf but I'm very impressed with the engine so far, it's very refined and performance is certainly more than good enough. I haven't spent that much time behind the wheel yet but the ACT seems to kick-in seamlessly - too early to say what MPG I'm getting but I'll keep an eye on it, especially once the engine runs in (collected it with 7 miles on the clock :) )

adder

Anybody been looking at their MPG figures for your new 150 yet?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

halsall1987

Jul 22, 2012
Basingstoke
My long term (since picking up from the dealer) is near enough 40mpg.
My commute (10miles of countryside B roads) can get 50 if I'm sensible.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Averaging about 40, that's mainly city driving too, so pretty impressed. Set it to sports mode on day one and left it there, found there's a slight hesitation when pulling away in normal or eco mode i do not get in sports mode. Looking forward to my first long haul down the motorway soon.

NBSmith78

Sep 20, 2004
Cambridge
Still early days as we haven't done a lot of miles last month since collecting the car, but got 48mpg on a couple of long runs at the weekend - a mix of motorway and A roads.

scottishjock

Hi another newb here - we got our 1.4 ACT couple weeks back and very pleased so far.

I just wanted to quiz some other owners to see if they were getting the same occurrence as us before i go to the dealer.
We got the Tech pack, as most FR owners will have, so have the LED lights. We are noticing condensation in both main lamp units . Not the whole surface just say the first 20mm up from the bottom.

Anyone else experiencing this?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
ha this on my 184 FR the other day...first time I'd noticed. In the handbook it does say you can get condensation in the unit but it's perfectly normal.
It says....
suppose it's partly because LEDs don't generate heat like normal or Xenon lights would, and the heat inside the glass would keep condensation out.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Hi All, I'm a newbie thought I would join after picking up my new white Leon FR 1.4 ACT in the 26th Sep. previous car was a Golf SE 1.6tdi. Love the car especially the cool lights in the doors at night! Got 42mpg out of my first full tank of petrol. Used to get around 50mpg out of the golf for the same journeys. Hoping the mpg to go up though as it is still running in.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Depends on the right foot and your journeys. I'm averaging 37 but that is London driving and a lot of very short journeys. Still waiting for my long run on the motorway.

Saying that, I am quite happy with that average, my previoud 2.2L oil burner would struggle to get 28 doing the same stuff.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members