1.4 Tsi

jlindstrom

How's the experience here regarding the 1.4 Tsi engine on Altea XL?

I have been offered a good deal on a 2008 model Altea XL Style with some extras and the 1.4 Tsi engine. The car has only 53,000 kilmeters on the clock, full service history and one previous owner.

Looking to hear some experiences? I drove the car today and it seemed pretty nice & nippy. Should be good for the wife. Didn't feel at all bad driving it right after my own Exeo ST Sport.

//Juha

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
I have this engine in a 09 Leon, had it for almost 2 years now and still enjoy driving it, still completely standard!!! im only 20 and the insurance isint too bad either! for all the size of the engine with the small turbo it makes some difference! if you drive it easy you will get very impressive mpg!! she should be able to get 40's even 50mpg depending on how you drive it of course! i would assume this is the 6 speed gearbox?

jlindstrom

Yeah, the altea xl has the 6-speed manual.

I'm right on the verdge off pulling the trigger.. the car has nice kit on it as well! Xenons, climatronic, cruise, tinted windows, metallic red paint, 2 sets of tyres (winter + summer) and both on alloys, park distance control, engine pre-heater for our cold winters etc etc

Has almost all the options I'd pick if I were buying new. Only need to have towbar and bluetooth fitted.

--

//Juha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jlindstrom

Well, now I've done it. I went and bought the little bugger.

Have to say I like even more than I expected. I think it's the high seating position and roomy interior.

Cracking car!

d91eb271-8d8f-297f.jpg

//Juha

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
Friend I use to work with has had two altea's, diesel unfortunately.... But i must agree for a car like that the seating position is good! My dad has the Ford focus SMAX and they have always bought fords, after bringing my leon home i dont think they will ever be back to ford lol.....ever!

good buy mate! Enjoy!!!

jlindstrom

The Exeo is Excellent :) I love that car as well. Best part is that it's really quiet after my previous Octavia II RS. I have the optional double glazed side windows.. It'll be even better if you get the acoustic windshield and the double glazed windows.

I've put roughly 40,000 km on my Exeo without problems. I had one warranty issue with register plate light but that's it. So nothing one could describe as a real problem.

The 140 bhp common-rail diesel pulls nicely and is really economical.

//Juha

PS. did a small commute with the Altea today and it was even better :))

I'll need to add some kit to it though. Thinking of getting bluetooth installed, Parrot or some such. And also going to add some sound deadening to the boot and get one of those rubber floor mats for the boot as well.

altea2.jpeg