1.4tdi eco gear 1 and R issues

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
Hi lovely peeps Happy New Year. My missus car is a 2008 eco 1.4tdi, it has been sat most last few months so I thought I give it a oil service etc. I have realised that it’s become hard to shift to 1st and Reverse lately. I thought maybe as it has been sat and cold it could be the issue. I had the gear oil changed hoping it might help but it didn’t. Can any share any ideas what I can do please as I can not afford new gearbox on this car. Second issue is my clicking noise when using indicator has gone, so has the buzzer noise when you leave the headlights on. Please please help.
Thanks

yeha

Jul 4, 2015
It is plain english :)
Is your clutch dragging? When the car is stationary, it is difficult if not impossible to select first or reverse If the shafts inside the box are rotating. If, when you put your foot on the clutch pedal, the clutch plate isn't allowed to rotate freely relative to the flywheel or pressure plate then the input shaft continues to rotate and you can't select the gears. This can occur if release bearing isn't being pushed into the pressure plate spring correctly. Sometimes the pedal is damaged. Can you feel where the biting point is?

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
Thanks!? you can feel the biting point. Do you think it could be gear selector? I really need someone with good knowledge to look at it tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.