1.5 TSI problem

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I recently noticed on the honest John website they have mentioned the following regarding the 1.5 TSI.

22-3-2018: Software issue reported with 1.5 TSI Evo 150 engine in 2017 Ibiza. Report of brand new 2018 Ibiza off the road for 5 weeks. Last week he was given a Golf with same engine and also experienced the issue. SEAT and VW dealer say they have no software patch for this.

I wonder if this is the anti-stall assist that has a big thread on briskoda. Skoda have recently released a software update to fix the issue. Has anyone noticed this issue on the Ibiza?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/444742-engine-revs-without-foot-on-accelarator/

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
My father has an A3 with this engine (at least, I assume it’s the same...); he’s had it around 9 months or so now I think and he hasn’t mentioned any problems...!

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I've had no issues to date, and my engine doesn't seem to have the anti-stall rev increase to 2000 like the Skoda Octavias. I wonder what the issue is that someone has reported to Honest John. :confused:

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
So just spent the past half hour moving off and on, on a flat road and could not replicate anything that has been quoted. So don’t really get any ‘problem’ that’s being mentioned.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My experience from buying my wife a new Polo 1.2TSI 110PS in August 2015 is, you really do need to be listening to “forum stories” if you want any “early product life” issues resolved at all or just quickly - when I noticed the EVAP pipe noises, and some time later noticed that Skoda in Sweden were being supplied with later pipes to solve this issue, I discussed the options with my supplying VW dealer, “we have never heard of that issue but will contact VW UK and get back to you” that did not work, when I complained a few days later and gave them the part number of the new pipe, they talked to VW UK and sourced a part within 10 days and fitted it as a warranty task! Idiots, sounds like SEAT UK are also idiots who should really wake up! These smug professionals “know” that all these car forums are full of fools, maybe they need to look in the mirror to see what a proper fool looks like, time waster!,

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise