1.5TSI oil consumption?

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Hi,

My FR 1.5TSI MT seems to drink some oil, at rate somewhat like 1 liter per 10000km. It is now around 7k on the clock and less than a half dipstick "norm" is remaining. Should I start worrying or it's quite normal. I do mostly motorway driving.
Lol, oh man i wish my car drank oil like yours..... Mine drinks a litre of oil every 1300 miles give or take. Which is inside the spec of my car...

a26ff930661423a3a289d595d621ea82.jpg

So i cant even complain fo seat.... Worse car ever for oil consumption.

Update: sorry disregard my post, i posted it in the wrong forum.... Sorry

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Regarding valve cleaning. See what's inside Golf R intake just after 10k miles:
Would have thought that Golf Rs would be using say Shell Vpower 99 or Esso Supreme 97 fuel, and those are very high in detergents and removing deposits

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The thing is, fuel quality does not play any part in determining the rate of build of curd at the inlet ports/valves area, all that is coming from oil mist being drawn from the crankcase.

Edit:- as the narrator mentioned that you can get into the inlet ports without opening up the fuel system, I'm assuming that that Golf R did not have auxiliary port injection.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Edit:- as the narrator mentioned that you can get into the inlet ports without opening up the fuel system, I'm assuming that that Golf R did not have auxiliary port injection.

The guy in the YouTube video has what sounds like an American accent, in which case I’m assuming the Golf R is a US spec car. If so, then your assumption is correct as the US spec mk7/mk7.5 Golf R didn’t have port injection.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members