1.6 Tdi DPF light

gray1978

Nov 12, 2015
Looks like I'm going to collect the 'full set' of VAG Tdi issues. Having had a new EGR valve and cooler back in March, the dreaded DPF light has now started appearing.

The car had been sat on the drive for two weeks while we were on holiday so when I got back I decided to give it a bit of a boot one night (after it was warm of course) and 5 minutes later I get the flashing coil light which stayed on for 10 minutes and then disappeared.

I did a 400 mile round trip to the South coast yesterday (my Dad was driving an e-type Jag round Goodwood!) and to be fair the car was running lovely. I'd filled it up with the good stuff from BP and the car was cruising beautifully at 75-80mph and averaging 64mpg! But 50 miles from home the DPF light came on. I'd noticed it doing a re-gen as we left Goodwood and when I pulled off the M40 150 miles later it was re-gening again despite having just done 150 motorway miles!

The light was on briefly this morning for the commute to work and has now gone off again. The car has given me so much bother over the last 12 months that I'm tempted just to leave it but I know this is probably not the best thing to do.

Any advice?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.