1.8 DSG tuning/mapping

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
Hey.

I've read so many different opinions about the situation regarding 1.8 tsi DSG remapping and the 250 torque limit. I thought a whole thread dedicated to this one subject might be helpful.

Kind of info that would be incredibly useful right now:

Is anyone successfully running a remap on this car/gearbox?
Has anyone managed to break their DSG with a map?
Has anyone spoken to a tuner that claims this can be safely done?
Any other solid info.

Cheers :)

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
I got the following response from Autograph in Manchester when I Asked:

"If it’s the DQ200 box the same as the 1.4TSi 180 (which I presume it is) we have successfully run then up to 340nm / 280bhp so I’m sure you will be fine to tune it."

Nothing else to report but I did ask if they've had any failures and this wasn't included in the reply, which doesn't surprise me but isn't that helpful either.

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
Niggle said in another thread:

I made enquiries with Superchips about the compatibility of their 1.8 CJSA remap with the DSG transmission.

They explained that they developed their CJSA map on a Leon 5F with DSG and have never seen any kind of transmission failure. The DQ200 will take much more than 250NM but common sense should prevail. If you are doing full boost launches away from every traffic light and foot to the floor at every opportunity then the risk of failure is increased.

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Niggle said in another thread:

Our plans at the moment are to chop the FR in for a Beemer, but if I was keeping the car beyond the 3 year warranty period I would have no qualms about purchasing and installing the Superchips Bluefin remap, having received a credible and detailed reply from a Superchips engineer.

20% cheaper (£416) if purchased via Demon Tweeks and they also throw in a K&N panel filter.

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
Apologies for bumping an old thread but does anyone here have experience with Shark’s remap of the DQ200?

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/dsg-software/dq200-dsg7-gearbox-remap

As I’ve recently had a Stage 1 ECU remap from them and in normal (D) mode it does feel like there’s extra power available at lower revs but in sport (S) it seems much like before.

Dunno if it’s just that I / the TCU needs more time to adapt or whether DSG needs a remap too in order to utilise the new power curve.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members