1.8 tsi Dsg delivery times

flett

May 16, 2015
Hi people,

Anyone recently taken delivery of the above car and can give an idea of how long it took please. I ordered on 3rd July car will be Urban silver with 18" wheels and convenience pack. Haven't heard anything yet so just thought I'd ask the people in the know;)

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
What were you told when you placed the order?

I ordered a ST 1.8 Tsi DSG at the end of July and was told 12 - 15 weeks for delivery.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I ordered the 1.8Tsi FR 5 door (manual though), with 18 inch alloys and Alcantara pack on 18th July and was told 12 weeks max, possibly 10, thing is the ST and the SC apparently are currently 6+ more weeks build time than the hatchback without factoring in DSG or engines. Hoping for mine in October, but hoping does not put the car on your drive :(

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
My order form says 23-25 weeks on it, but I'm hoping the dealer has overestimated...
Ordered last week of July.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
I was told 14-16 weeks ordered last week of july with a 5dr 1.8tsi dsg with the reverse camera pack. How can so many dealers have so many different timelines!

flett

May 16, 2015
Thanks for the response guys. I was told not to expect a fast delivery due to the full order books etc but I had ordered a diesel 184 dsg but changed my mind and they let that car run its course and it turned up within what I would call a normal wait for a new car ie less than 10 weeks and it was identical apart from engine choice and convenience pack? Guess I just have to play the waiting game same as everyone else :cry:

I'm coming from a 2014 BMW 120d xdrive manual so am looking forward to a petrol motor again with sameish performance.

Last edited:

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Good Morning folks don't hold any breaths on deliverys...that is all over the place expect the worse like my good self I ordered my car back in may I was told 12 weeks I think that was a dream is turning out a nightmare first change week 39 then 41 then 45 wait for it next april pardon my French f*****g joke now week 45 could not sort out a bag of dolly mixtures is really taken the shine off the new car the problem is the so called 18" machine alloy wheel grrr.. which I like don't like the standard 17" car looks shite and the 18" just the performance alloy not as bad but still don't like the dealer as been very good its just seat
one pissed off customer

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
I was told yesterday that my ST 300 4Drive ordered late June is due for delivery 3rd week November. It's the same date I was told 3 weeks ago and so it hasn't slipped. I was also told that some 1.4 FR's have slipped from Nov to Jan!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

flett

May 16, 2015
Damn things really are all over the place aren't they? It does seem to come down to the luck of the draw and maybe which options you've picked :shrug:

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Flett as far I have been informed is that its the option of the 18" machined alloy is the problem as well as the petrol engine choice no other options also been told by my dealer that this alloy wheel option is being deleted from week 45 that's from seat themselves will be interesting to see what`s going to replace them as the current choice apart from the ones I mentioned are shite looking when seat contacted me they said its due to global demand load of tosh its strange that seat are no ware near the best seller on the sales charts with the leon that's fact getting more pissed by the week
grrrr

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Cousins neighbour ordered a 1.8Tsi FR hatchback stock apart from alloy upgrade (not machined) in 2nd week of June and it arrived on his drive Monday! 3 doors and ST are apparently 7 weeks longer, of course then the other factors like engine and spec might add to that, 5 doors are moving more quickly it would seem. 1.4 EcoTsi seems to add 3 months+.

Last edited:

flett

May 16, 2015
Will keep my fingers crossed for a timely delivery then although it's already been 2 months since ordering :(

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Was considering changing mine to a 1.8 as the wait times for the 1.4 are mad, doesn't look like it's any quicker though so may just cancel and go elsewhere. Really don't want to wait that long sadly

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Was considering changing mine to a 1.8 as the wait times for the 1.4 are mad, doesn't look like it's any quicker though so may just cancel and go elsewhere. Really don't want to wait that long sadly

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Well you say it is not any quicker, the 1.8 does not add anything to the build time, the EcoTsi adds a minimum of 3 months, spoke to Vanarama Car leasing this afternoon (wife is looking to lease a car, possibly Ibiza)), they confirmed minimum extra 3 months for EcoTsi, Stock FR wheels are adding 6 weeks, Machined 18 inchers are adding 4 weeks, SC and ST are adding up to 2 months (over the 5 door) and if you have ordered a Cupra the stock 19 inch rims are adding up to 2 months onto the build, however they stress these factors can change almost weekly......... so I guess there is no answer.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.