1.8 TSI engine specifications?

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
It's something you often see on the Motability scheme, when a facelift of an existing model is due to arrive soon manufacturers will often offer high spec models with very favourable low deposits. It helps them to shift the existing stock ready for the new models to follow on behind them. Works for both sides, to be honest. The customer gets a near top spec car for not very much money at all, while the manufacturer makes an easy sale of what would otherwise be quite a difficult car to sell without a significant discount.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Had my 1.8 FR almost 2 years now and that engine is a real cracker.
Easily get 40 mpg just driving to/from work etc, seen 45+ on long motorway runs, yet when you want to push on it really delivers.

Most family wagons these days seem to be in the 140-150 bhp bracket and you can really appreciate 180 for good overtaking etc, especially on slight inclines.

I will miss it in October when it goes, but will no doubt enjoy the incoming Cupra 290 Black :D

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I agree entirely! The 1.8TFSi DSG which I've had for nearly 3 years since new, is brilliant!

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Does anyone know how often the water pump should be changed on a Leon 2014 1.8 TSI engine ?
I only ask as i have recently bought a 1.8 TSi 4 years old and 7700 miles now ( not a typo really 7700 miles ) , and in the service book no mention of a water pump change.
Thanks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.