1.8t lower pcv elbow broke

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
Hi, I was removing PCV hoses as they are leaking oil, the lower pcv elbow, plastic was very brittle and bits broke off, some bits went into oil cooler hole as I pulled it out.

If anyone has done this job, how do I get those bits of plastic out? I can see the big bit. Some tiny bits too I can't get?

Would they be caught by oil filter, or go into engine?

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
In the end I used the hoover, with a bit of old hose taped to the end and an old sock stretched over inside the hoovers pipe to catch the bits, ended up getting about 5 bits of plastic out that I could not even see, way down in the oil cooler hole.

Broke the dipstick tube though, there is so little room to get at this pcv, system, all new hoses and valve are on now, but I will have to wait for the dipstick tube to arrive now.

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
How did you get the broken part of the pcv elbow pipe out? Mine has spilt there and is proving difficult to remove, same as the other end of the elbow into the T piece...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
My PCV elbow came out whole, just end bits that broke off inside the hole in the oil cooler, it can be twisted to loosen it, hope that helps, you need to get your arm in there to pull on it, very little arm space.

Reactions: CooptoCupra

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
I did squirt a bit of engine oil into where it goes into, that may have helped loosen it and ok, as a little engine oil goes through it in use.

Reactions: CooptoCupra

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
Managed to get it out.... Ended up a bit mangled though
92557241cfe7ae64cb1da85f7d57b78b.jpg
9833734473a6678eea775f46c51a64ad.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members