120k ibiza Tdi 130 sport, silly idea or not

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ok i need a daily driver as my Civic type R is being turned into a track day car so need something cheap that i can use for everyday running.

So spotted how cheap the Ibza TDi sports are and have spotted a part ex at a garage for £1750 seems clean ish, couple of bits of trim on front missing but nothing worrying, in the funny blue hence the lower price but i kind of like that colour anyway.

So going to look at it tomorrow morning, but wondered if anyoen else has bought one with that sort of milage. my mate reckons engine is good for 250k if left standard and looked after. This car will not be tuned or mapped, just services and cleaned up a bit.

At that price i can;t see that i can lose, clutch i can do myself if need be , only other thing is cam belt and water pump.

this is the car

http://www.twelvelondonroad.co.uk/used-cars/seat-ibiza-1-9tdi-sport-3dr-bagshot-201216464416534

Apr 14, 2011
I bought mine at 130k and had it mapped at 138k and still goin.strong at 144k but flywheel is showing its ages. Just make sure its been serviced well :)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I bought mine at 130k and had it mapped at 138k and still goin.strong at 144k but flywheel is showing its ages. Just make sure its been serviced well :)

seems to be good, one of the sales guys is driving it on daily basis, full seat service up to 110k, so due a service now ( which i can do myself) cambelt done at 89k, clutch all ok but i can have a drive of it in morning and 4 new tyres. couple of dinks, but hey its a daily runnabout and £1700 quid ....lol

however will be taking it down to Le mans in 2 weeks if i get it....lol

wil report back in the morning

Jan 31, 2012
Sheffield
These engines will go for ever long as there looked after serviced as they should be

Check main things on engine bodywork trims are cheaper to repair then a new engine

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
These engines will go for ever long as there looked after serviced as they should be

Check main things on engine bodywork trims are cheaper to repair then a new engine

yeah, i am pleased in a way its from a garage as i canget a proper test drive in it. This will be my 4th Mk4 if i get it, had a 1.8t a 130 fr and a cupra Tdi.

my mate said the 1.9 tdi is strong, local taxi firm has octavias that have done 400k without any major issues with

think this may be a good combo for me, a torquey frugal daily runner with the revvy lightweight civic for my weekend and ring trips.

Apr 14, 2011
Just make sure the instrument cluster is 100% working cause it can work out expensive to fix (cost me about 550 in the ends) and rear wishbone bushs

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
waste of time, car was a pile of ****. Cheap yeah but it had not seen any love for a long long time. The bits that i could say scared me off of the bits i could not see. The brakes were actually rotten on the rear, not just corroded but the discs were more like a cicular saw, how it got through MOT is beyond me.

dannynoon1993

Mar 20, 2012
I think you get what you pay for, at that price the car is not likely to be in showroom condition :) even though my 1.9 fr is the best car ive ever had haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.