12v lighter socket

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
Evening all. I’ve searched but can’t find anything to solve my issue. Had to replace the battery on my 2010 Leon FR yesterday due to it giving up the ghost, since replacing it the 12v lighter socket by the handbrake is now seemingly permanent live. Pretty certain it wasn’t before as upon removing the key my dashcam would power down. Now it’s staying on after removing the key. Can anyone clear this up for me please? Can’t see how putting a new battery on would do this. Thanks in advance, Dave

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
The manual states that it should only work with the ignition on so I’m baffled

Attachments

• 372C79FD-2E61-490B-B38B-DCCED8E1EF98.png
    372C79FD-2E61-490B-B38B-DCCED8E1EF98.png
    947.7 KB · Views: 85

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
The manual states that it should only work with the ignition on so I’m baffled
Hi Fipsy
You say yours is the Mk2 but on the Mk3 in the fuse box where the fuse for the Cig lighter is has two positions ie there is three connections
for the fuse, so say the top two are powered via the ign and the bottom are constant live, sorry not good at trying to explain but if you find the
fuse for the socket is there a spare connection over of below the fuse when the fuse is in? if so just pull the fuse and move either up or down and that should give you your ign feed

Fipsy

Feb 13, 2018
Tamworth
Thanks for the reply. I left my camera unplugged over night just to see if there was a difference, when I plugged it back in without having the key in the ignition there was no power. Put the key in, powered up. Took the key out, powered down. Completely puzzled. Am I going mad? Haha. I’ll try again when I go shopping in a bit.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Thanks for the reply. I left my camera unplugged over night just to see if there was a difference, when I plugged it back in without having the key in the ignition there was no power. Put the key in, powered up. Took the key out, powered down. Completely puzzled. Am I going mad? Haha. I’ll try again when I go shopping in a bit.
Yes it is a bit of a puzzle but I think there is a slight delay before it drops out, but my Cam does stay on a few seconds after switching off the ign so you possibly did not leave long enough

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.