• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

150 tdi or 150 act

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
Really depends on how many miles you drive, as 150 tdi has a dpf which don't like short journeys

Richy

Jun 26, 2014
Ayrshire (Scotland)
was in the same boat, glad i went for the 150tdi really nice to drive and havent had any problems with the dpf, i do alot of motorway driving tho

Last edited:

KenTT

I had the the FR 1.4 ACT for 2 months now, couldn't be happier. I main do low milage commutes and the car is showing just over 42mpg. It's very quiet and smooth to drive.

It's a punchy little engine when needed and warms up very quickly, which is nice during this cold weather.

adamant

May 13, 2014
I love my 150 tdi, but I did come from a megane estate 1.5 dci. the FR has plenty of power, great fuel efficiency and cheap company car allowance. I will go for the 184 next mind - more power = more fun!

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
I got out of my fn2 civic type r and test drove the 150tdi. Yes it's not as quick but done my job. Plus looking forward to more than 29/30mpg for a while lol

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I really like the 184, it's got great performance and economy, but I do worry about the DPF as I do mainly short jouneys.
So occasionally I have to take it out for a 30 minute blast in lower gears to make sure it's cleared out!
had I known about this, and had the 150ACt option.......might have gone for that instead.

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members