150 TDI rear brake upgrade.

dee150

Having just bought my new toy,the rear brake disks and pads are shot to rat mess,any advice on renewals would be great.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
256mm vented, calliper and disc change, and new guards but you can modify them. You can get them off v5 golfs, Octavia's and cupra r's breaking. If you get them off something with haldex you'll need spacers, I think they're 11mm

Sent from my iPhone

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
most 150 tdis only have 288 fronts. so 256 at the back might not be a great idea?

If you dont want to go nuts, just get a good plain oem style disc and put some uprated pads with them.

dee150

most 150 tdis only have 288 fronts. so 256 at the back might not be a great idea?

If you dont want to go nuts, just get a good plain oem style disc and put some uprated pads with them.

I have read up on the big brake upgrade on the fronts,maybe in the future.I was going to just put OEM disks on the rear but not sure what pads,any recomendations John? with only 30% breaking from the rear I want to keep it sensible,I'm not going to be on the track,just fast road when the mrs n little one are not in the car :rolleyes:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
black diamond, ferodo ds. I'm not a fan of ebc.

I'm using brembo hp2000 sport pads and can't fault them, but they arent cheap.

I guess the black diamond at 40 quid is more the entry one and works good.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.