what do i change to fix this?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
17550/P1142/004418 - Load Calculation Cross Check: Lower Limit Exceeded
Possible Causes

* Mass Air Flow Sensors (G70) faulty
* Intake Air System faulty/leaking (false Air)
* Throttle Pedal faulty
* Throttle Body dirty/faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check Mass Air Flow Sensors (G70)
* Check Intake Air System
* Check Throttle Pedal
o Check Throttle Pedal Position Sensor (G79)
o Check Throttle Pedal Position Sensor 2 (G185)
* Check Throttle Body
o Check Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187)
o Check Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle Actuator (G188)
* Check Engine Control Unit

xshabzx

thanks mate whats all the g codes?
I changed the map sensor where is the mass sensor or is it built into the throttle body on the oibiza 1.4sport 16v

xshabzx

I already had that information.
giving up now and its going to seat

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
thanks mate whats all the g codes?

The G codes are the component numbers in the OEM Repair Manuals. If you want to solve these problems, you should get online access to the repair information. It is available on the erWin web site: http://erwin.seat.com/

Now let's address your flip attitude about my last post. If you took the time to read it, you would see it was addressed to DPJ. I knew you had the information since he copied directly from our web site without posting an acknowledgement of where he got the information. I was not posting for your benefit.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hey DPJ, it would be proper to acknowledge the source of all that good information. You found it on the Ross-Tech Wiki:http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/17550/P1142/004418

Would be nice for Ross-Tech to acknowledge all the good publicity and no doubt halo effect custom that comes your way too from being a welcomed contributor on SCN. [B)]

Please give up with the nit-picking, it's showing you up in a negative light, especially when your provided with a dedicated section for your product. ;)

Last edited:

xshabzx

Thanks regarding the g codes and sorry about any attitude you felt i had towards you?
is there anywhere of getting the manual in somesort of a e book?
Im also a mamber of the gt40c and we have a online manual free of charge!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thanks regarding the g codes and sorry about any attitude you felt i had towards you?
is there anywhere of getting the manual in somesort of a e book?
Im also a mamber of the gt40c and we have a online manual free of charge!

Anyway, after all these cross words/crossed wires (?!?) - just get it sorted and tell us what the root cause of this was - my wife's 2003MY Polo 1.4 16V SE (BBY engine) 63,000 miles, has just chucked out that code last night!

xshabzx

Same engine as mine mate let me know how you get on with yours....
mine is booked in with seat for wed!
thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Same engine as mine mate let me know how you get on with yours....
mine is booked in with seat for wed!
thanks

Well all I did was to clear the logged fault - and today it has been used over two 12 miles journeys and the fault has not returned. It will need to return before I will do any more investigation - as I'm sure it will some time later! I take it that your problem started out as the odd logging of this fault before it became a solid fault?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
the bloke at the seat dealer said he needs more time on it

That's not good as TIME = MONEY! Hope I'm wrong but I'd expect a Seat dealer to check it out quickly and work out a root cause and fix it, that is what they are trained to do and that is why we pay big bucks to save time and money by using their knowledge, ie so that they get straight to the root cause of the problem.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.