19th March meet up - Caffeine and Machine - 12:30

Can you attend?

• Total voters

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021

ShawnD

May 25, 2021
Got my ticket, never been to Caffeine and Machine before, good to see some new people and a nice little 154 mile round trip 😂

Reactions: MrBiggles87

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We looked at doing a meet here but they couldn't guarantee us spaces on a weekend as it's normally their own event, they pushed us towards a Tuesday evening which for some wouldn't be ideal unless you were local.

It's an awesome location! How many people are currently going @MrBiggles87?

Cheers

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I took my MG ZT 260 V8 to C&M yesterday as it’s fairly local to me, I’m planning to come in the Formentor on the 19th!

Parking in the display areas (I.e. at the front of the pub) is fairly random, I had to park around the back yesterday and move the car to the front when a slot was vacated. There is always the grass (overflow) car park where we could line them up, but that is season / weather dependant.

1646551585273.jpeg

• Love

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
We looked at doing a meet here but they couldn't guarantee us spaces on a weekend as it's normally their own event, they pushed us towards a Tuesday evening which for some wouldn't be ideal unless you were local.

It's an awesome location! How many people are currently going @MrBiggles87?

Cheers

Yeah they tend to hold private events during the weekdays, I guess they wouldn't get the footfall if they closed it off to the public during the weekends.

To be fair, I wasn't looking to make it an event, just wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone fancied going on the same day and time. The poll shows 5 confirmed, so I reckon there will be at least 10 (a mix of CUPRA and other brands) so it should be good.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I took my MG ZT 260 V8 to C&M yesterday as it’s fairly local to me, I’m planning to come in the Formentor on the 19th!

Parking in the display areas (I.e. at the front of the pub) is fairly random, I had to park around the back yesterday and move the car to the front when a slot was vacated. There is always the grass (overflow) car park where we could line them up, but that is season / weather dependant.

View attachment 30257

That is exactly what I did last time. Waited for a space at the front and the guys held it for me and my friends so we could line them up and take some photos.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Bump!

Just in case anyone fancies a day out near Stratford Upon Avon! There’s usually an eclectic mix of old and new, fast and slow cars, hopefully as it looks like it’s going to be a nice day a few more classics might emerge from their winter SORN and come along!

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I did let you in, and then when I parked down the end of the row and you then parked up the top I thought you weren’t connected, only when I got home did I realise it was indeed you! I wasn’t entirely sure of the protocol anyway, went back to the car a couple of times but didn’t see anyone. Oh well, next time!

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I did let you in, and then when I parked down the end of the row and you then parked up the top I thought you weren’t connected, only when I got home did I realise it was indeed you! I wasn’t entirely sure of the protocol anyway, went back to the car a couple of times but didn’t see anyone. Oh well, next time!
Sorry about that! It was so chaotic, I was traveling in with 4 others and trying to keep track of all of us, I parked on the new row to make room. Didn't even see where you went after we got in. We waited an hour for food too which held us up.

Did you have a good afternoon?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Yeah, as long as you could keep in the sun and out of the wind! Our food was quite quick, and there were some nice cars there, the blue Aston Martin Volante was gorgeous but I’m not sure about the Kia parked up round the front….

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members