1M Cupra

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Here's my little Cupra.

Bought it from a shoddy back street garage in Swindon but engine was puka and gave it a thorough once over before buying.

Needless to say, I was aware it needed some tlc. Amongst other things it was filthy, needed new brakes all over, full service and cambelt.

I've had it a few weeks now and so far have done:
- cambelt and water pump
- all possible servicing bits
- changed a split breather hose
- deep clean interior including wet vac
- fit brembo discs and pads all round
- replaced all faulty or broken interior switches
- new cup holder
- new (budget for now) head unit
- fit my pioneer champion series sub and amp
- new plates

There's a fair bit to do still but I have a toddler so progress will be steady.

Plans:
- fit splitter
- further clean interior
- rocker cover gasket needs changing
- rims of 18" variety... tbc
- coilies - undecided on brand
- stainless exhaust system
- remap, obvs
- r bumpers, maybe

Not got loads of pictures yet as wasn't planning on a build thread, thought i was too old for that
IMG_20180805_184707_666.jpg
20180818_175508.jpg

Reactions: Andrewwright

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Before and after underneath the rear bench. .

Once I figure out the easiest way to post a picture that's more than 1mb...

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Someone who looks after their car is a nice thing to see.

You should head over to one of my favourite threads on cleaning haha https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-are-you-using.445746/

There's always room for more cleaning products!

Epic cleaning artillery dude! Mine is way less, um, well just less :happy: The cupra is a little old and tired to warrant a huge amount on detailing but I will be giving it some more tlc in that respect soon. And when I have some time...

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Screenshot_20180923-190902_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20180923-190902_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20180923-190924_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20180923-190946_Gallery.jpg

Had a dry spell this afternoon so had a crack at sorting out a leaky door. However, only did one as some cretinous moron had used some evil ineffective black stuff so had to remove that first.

The door speaker was hanging on by 1 screw and had no sealant so sorted that. Also cleaned out all the gunk in the channel so water can actually escape. Fingers crossed

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Feel your pain mate, the best stuff is butyl tape for this - as you may already know.
Why do thick twats think that silastic is the way forward ???
Have fun with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Feel your pain mate, the best stuff is butyl tape for this - as you may already know.
Why do thick twats think that silastic is the way forward ???
Have fun with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, that pretty well Sums up my rage about the situation. Yeah I've used the butyl tape. 1 down, 3 to go...

In other news, awaiting new steering wheel courtesy of Gumtree :drive2:

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
New steering wheel arrived, very good condition but I'll be spending a bit if time with some leather cleaner. Pics to follow.

Got another door sealed, thankfully this one was unmolested so a lot easier. You can see how it fails, the foam used to seal the door was perished around the bottom. Fingers crossed it stays dry!

Reactions: bruceR

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Been a while since I updated this. Mostly been maintaining the Cupra, apart from a couple of minor repairs. Anyway, all I've really done mods wise is a Ramair induction kit and a custom cat-back exhaust. Got some new wheels going on tomorrow which I'm rather stoked about and soon going to replace the shocks and springs for something a bit firmer and lower...

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Got a few bits done on this car over the last few months (let's not talk about the suspension - updates soon!)

Lamin-x fogs
R Splitter
Plastidip Centre console
Rear badge remove / replace
Forge TIP

Some pics...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.