1st drive today for 8 week! :D // but wasn't all plain sailing :s

Ads_Vag

If in doubt... FLAT OUT!!
Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Another feeking problem occured yesterday!!! :mad: been fine since I changed the crank shaft sensor but then yesterday I thought not now please it's strange tbh because I filled up at asda petty station, £13 unleaded drove about 5/6 miles onit then engine just cut out... Tried to turn over but won't fire! I dont know what the problem is now....... Someone has mentioned possible fuel contamination..... If that's the cause then I will be suing asda or the petrol company they use.

Has anyone got any other ideas what it could possibly be?

Last edited:

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Found the issue.... Since having a new crank shaft sensor fitted to the car.. The ECU still thinks it's the old knackered sensor so when the car runs for almost 10 mins it cuts out and won't send a spark through the coil to keep the engine running... So the ecu looks like having to be reprogrammed or something like that :/ keep you all posted anyways...

roofus

hmm could this be the problem with mine?? was fine for 2 days and then driving along cut out and now wont rev past 1300 rpm :mad: replaced crank sensor throttle position sensor and checked all other sensors!! currently sat on the drive looking sad for its self!! might send the ecu away to see if theres a problem with that!!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
You guys should check your ecu's aren't wet, they're in such a crap place as the water just pisses on them, mine was soaked through when I first got my car and it gave me bother, even shelled out £200 on a tps only to find it was the ecu shorting out inside all the time. Cleaned it up and dried it then resealed it and it's been good since.

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
You guys should check your ecu's aren't wet, they're in such a crap place as the water just pisses on them, mine was soaked through when I first got my car and it gave me bother, even shelled out £200 on a tps only to find it was the ecu shorting out inside all the time. Cleaned it up and dried it then resealed it and it's been good since.

My ecu has been sent to a place called camco in Warrington, hopefully my mechanic will get it back later on and fingers crossed I get my car back today! Lol been almost a week without my car :(

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Right got ecu back fitted it and the problem is still occurring after ten minutes!! Now my mechanic and another car garage at the side of his think it's a immobiliser problem! :( getting agitated now with my car :( just want the bugger to work lol :( like I said it runs for 10 minutes but then cuts out n won't start again :/ but it will turn over just not ignite n fire into life :/

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It's not the immo that causes the car to shut off after 2 seconds, I have a feeling your mechanic might not be all that good. What about the fuel pump? Try leaving the cap offf the fuel tank and see how that does? I reckon there'll be something else going on tbh.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I'm trying to think what could cause a car to shut off after 10 minutes, maybe need to get someone with vagcom near you that knows how to do logs, might show something up.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh that's why I suggested logs instead, basically you drive round with vagcom connected and it logs what the cars doing as you drive so when you conk out it should hopefully show it on the log. It would rule the immo in or out anyway, it could even show an intermittent fault with the butterfly valve or something.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Don't think you can do much with vagcom on the mk2's. Feel for ya dude, never nice having your car go wrong, and not knowing whats causing it. Got myself a crank sensor to hopefully cure the problems i'm having with my mk2

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Mines hd a new crank sensor fitted and it's been perfect for over a week then engine just cut out n wouldn't start :( when you go to the car in morning it starts for ten mins but then cuts out after that n won't restart :( really starting to get annoyed :( just want my bloody car back....

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Need to see what's actually happening when it wont start like is it getting fuel? Is it geting a spark? etc

Ads_Vag

Feb 23, 2011
Warrington
www.extremebhp.com
Right well mechanics completely baffled everything that could be the problem has been lookEd over n over n over again n still the problem is incurring :'( it's running so rough it's unreal... So now it's going to another garage tmoz n hopefully they'll have abit more success but just have to see..... This maybe another mk2 on it's way out :( :( but both fingers and toes crossed!! Cause I bloody hope not....

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
just googaling your problem and someone said this :

My Seat Ibiza 1997 GTI is cutting out about 5 minutes into a journey. Im going along and then all off a sudden it looses all power, sometimes it comes back other times i have to pull over and re-start the engine!

We had a guy out who ran a diagnostic check and nothing came up but he re-soldered the fuel pump relay as it was cracked and that seems to have sorted it! Fingers crossed!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise