2.0 CR TDI DPF sensor issue help

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
Need help with the above issue. My car does lots of longer journeys and when I take it out it sometimes piles smoke out of the back as if it’s trying to do regeneration’s. It’s idles at 1000rpm and smokes and leaves a trail behind me. I plugged it into vcds and got these codes

12002-dpf differential pressure sensor
P2453 00 [096] -implausible signal intermittent-not confirmed-tested since memory clear

5158-dpf differential pressure sensor
P2456 00 [096] intermittent
Intermittent-no confirmed-tested since memory clear

5262-dpf differential pressure sensor
P2454 00 [040] -short to GND
Intermittent-confirmed- tested since memory clear

I have replaced the G450 sensor and this still happens. I have not checked codes yet. One thing I noticed is there is only 1 pipe to the sensor. I did check the Soot level and it said calculated 9.30g
And measures -0.01g

Any help will much be appreciated. It’s difficult to find much on the later Ibiza’s compared with the 6L’s

Faintlol

Sep 20, 2017
Have you had the recall done?

9.30g is quite low. The reason I ask about the recall is that before I had mine done, the car barely went into DPF at all. Then suddenly after it, it goes into DPF roughly every tank of fuel (200miles approx.) Seems to be common after the recall that this happens.

ALSO - Don't assume that the codes will always flag up the correct issue. I had an issue with my '11 1.6 TDI that was not flagging up any codes - yet after 2-3 weeks of diagnostic work it suddenly needed 4 new injectors, which should have flagged on the code reader.

Are you having any other issues with the car? Lumpy idle? Bad MPG etc?

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
No I haven’t had the recall done as I’ve have a performance torque remap and the recall will wipe it. Also heard bad reports about the recall. The car runs fine and seems to good on fuel. It’s seems to be when the car warms up it wants to do a regeneration

Faintlol

Sep 20, 2017
..Yeah. Recall wrecked my injectors, wouldn't recommend it lol.

It wants to go into DPF every time it heats up? Is there perhaps something written into your map that's causing that?

I know that on the stock/recall car, my car goes into regen as I said every 200 or so miles. However it won't go into regen mode until it has hit a certain speed. I think it's somewhere around the 50 mph mark. Someone on here is probably better qualified to tell you, but it could be that there's something up with your passive regen and thus the EGR is forcing an active regen to happen, IE your obviously going above 50mph on the motorway and the passive regen isn't functioning correctly, so the soot collects and then an active regen kicks in because it's not doing it passively.

Hope that makes sense lol

Shazaiib47

Dec 15, 2017
Glowplug symbol came up on dashboard for me; I assumed it would be the glow plugs but checked with the machine and said my DPF sensor needed changing as I experienced low mpg and went into limp mode

Changed my DPF sensor and did a full regen from Halfords and now it drives just like new.

Probably unrelated in your case but should try it if you haven’t done so already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
Yes I've changed that sensor, in recent weeks it seems to have gone gradually better but still does it. I noticed a week ago it did it after about 5 minutes of driving when the car was cold. So this suggests it may not be the DPF as I thought the car needed to be warm to do a regeneration.

Telephonewire

Apr 11, 2016
Hi Luna,
I have exactly the same codes on my 2011 2.0 TDI FR CFHD Ibiza, i.e fault codes 5158 & 5262.
The car goes into regeneration each time it warms up just like yours.
Did you get your car fixed in the end? If so what was the problem?
I haven't changed anything as yet because I have only just scanned the car and got he codes and am trying to investigate the issue.
You said a new G450 sensor didn't fix the problem? Did the new sensor need to be coded / calibrated to the car using some connected software like VAGCOM or similar or was it just a straight swap?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.