2.0 TSI FR 210 Oil Consumption

FR12785

Jun 7, 2018
Currently, had this car for about 2 months and it seems to consume about 1 litre of oil every 700 miles. I have seen people saying 1 litre of oil per 1000km is fine, which converts to 621 miles, but some people have said 1 litre of oil per 1000 miles, so I wanted to know what anyone else with the same engine was achieving for oil consumption, everything else on the car seems fine, no funny sounds or issues. Thanks in advance

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I don't know anyone who checks their oil that religiously, it's certainly drinking alot. Manufacturer spec is usually 1L per 1000km, but if my car was doing that I'd not be happy.

Whats the service history like? When was the cam follower last replaced?

Check/replace:

PCV valve
diverter valve
cam follower

Also check for boost leaks and have a friend drive behind you while you give it some welly, check for any smoke out the back.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, I agree, I'd not be happy either. Is it a litre measured from the bottle your refilling it from? Or going from the dipstick?

FR12785

Jun 7, 2018
Sorry for the late reply but yh this stopped being an issue after i changed my driving style to a slightly more aggressive approach, as it hasn't drank any oil at all in the last 3,500 miles.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise